Trojan.Fake.Alert

jcooper2187

So the other day I noticed my google chrome was redirecting so I downloaded Malwarebytes software and it said I have a Trojan.Fake.Alert malware, naturally I quarantined it and deleted it from quarantine but whenever i scan it comes up with it even though every time I delete it from quarantine, help!

44 minutes ago, jcooper2187 said:

So the other day I noticed my google chrome was redirecting so I downloaded Malwarebytes software and it said I have a Trojan.Fake.Alert malware, naturally I quarantined it and deleted it from quarantine but whenever i scan it comes up with it even though every time I delete it from quarantine, help!

This could be coming from many things. Programs, toolbars, or something keeps adding that to your computer. What I recommend is opening control panel and click uninstall programs. Then click "installed on" so it can give you a list of what you installed on your computer in order of time/date. Go through every single program on your computer and remove anything suspicious or anything that you don't recognize.

If need be you can also boot into safe mode and do this again to prevent programs from reinstalling themselves after you've removed it.

Worse comes to worse you'll need to reinstall the OS. Something's gotten on your system and you need to completely get rid of it.

I fix computers for a government that is garbage. I'm also a certified security professional according to Comptia

Using my paycheck on computer parts and alcohol and since this is a tech form I'll help with computer stuff I guess

7 minutes ago, Dougarooo said:

This could be coming from many things. Programs, toolbars, or something keeps adding that to your computer. What I recommend is opening control panel and click uninstall programs. Then click "installed on" so it can give you a list of what you installed on your computer in order of time/date. Go through every single program on your computer and remove anything suspicious or anything that you don't recognize.

If need be you can also boot into safe mode and do this again to prevent programs from reinstalling themselves after you've removed it.

Worse comes to worse you'll need to reinstall the OS. Something's gotten on your system and you need to completely get rid of it.

Will buying an anti-virus like norton help remove it?

1 minute ago, jcooper2187 said:

Will buying an anti-virus like norton help remove it?

Not guaranteed. Norton is kinda meh in my eyes as a security software. Does it work? Yeah. But it's not perfect. No program can protect you from everything.

Whatever keeps installing this on your computer is not being detected by Malwarebytes so you can either do it the manual way and find what is on your computer and get rid of it or try different anti virus software. I recommend trying the free version of Advanced System Care and IOBit Malware Fighter. They are a little bloated when it comes to trying to get you to pay for the programs but the free versions will work just fine for now. Try those and see if it helps you at all. If you keep having issues you'll have to either try other programs or like I said find it manually.

What you also need to do is be more careful on the internet. You got this virus somehow whether it be you downloading something sketchy, visiting sketchy websites, or just  even by accident but all this can be avoided.

I fix computers for a government that is garbage. I'm also a certified security professional according to Comptia

Using my paycheck on computer parts and alcohol and since this is a tech form I'll help with computer stuff I guess

On 12/30/2019 at 4:44 AM, jcooper2187 said:

Sometimes the file may be locked or in use.

You can use program like this

http://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/delete_on_reboot.html

It will allow you to delete on reboot. If it persists some malware can self heal. You will need to find the process running thats putting file back