Is there a way to integrate an Amazon Echo into a discord voice channel so that anyone in the channel can use it?

Nalyd217

Basically the title. I recently got an amazon echo dot, and I routed it’s audio through a second discord account so that I could give it commands and then everyone could hear it. This got me thinking though, is there a way that others in the channel could give alexa commands? (Just to note this is a private server with people I personally know).  

I’ve done my best to google how to accomplish this but I can’t find anything very useful. My first thought was that since the 3.5mm jack on the device can be used as a line in, maybeI could issue commands through that. I don’t have a spare aux cable atm so I wasn’t able to test that, plus I would need some sort of splitter anyway so that we could still hear it. Then, after some more googling, I found a video where someone did exactly what I’m trying to do. However, the video is more a showcase rather than a tutorial, and it utilizes a Pine64 board which I have no experience with. 

The other thought I had was maybe it would be possible to achieve this through an alexa skill/ discord bot of some kind, but I have very little programming experience so that’s sort of a dead end for me at least. 

Any ideas on how to accomplish this would be appreciated.