Pc wont boot after installing new gpu...

TheLegend_27
Go to solution Solved by TheLegend_27,

Ssd apparently is just completely dead. bought another ssd and started from scratch. Thank you very much for the help, we tried lol.

Hi,

I just installed my new 5700xt in my computer and in the meanwhile i switched my m.2 ssd to another slot because of the gfx blocking some of the sata ports i used before.

When i booted first my motherboard boot problem lights up and when i got to bios the m.2 ss2 ( my boot drive) doesnt appear anymore.

I tried to put it back in its original slot and it doesnt show up either. Wtf? Pls help.

I5 7600k

Msi z270 sli plus

Corsairs hx 750w 

Rog strix 5700 xt (previously xfx rx 480)

2x8 gb gskill 3000mhz ram

Windows 10 64bit

28 minutes ago, TheLegend_27 said:

previously xfx rx 480

I'd start by putting everything back to its original configuration and ensure it can boot.

Then, change only one thing at a time (I'd start with the SSD) and ensure it'll boot after every change.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

26 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I'd start by putting everything back to its original configuration and ensure it can boot.

Then, change only one thing at a time (I'd start with the SSD) and ensure it'll boot after every change.

Is there any reasons why changing rhe graphic card would make the boot drive unseen? It doesnt seems very logic to me lol. I will definitely try to put it back to see if it fixes the problem.

If you or someone else has other thoughts let me know.

2 hours ago, TheLegend_27 said:

Is there any reasons why changing rhe graphic card would make the boot drive unseen?

If computers were reliable, I wouldn't have a job....

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

5 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

If computers were reliable, I wouldn't have a job....

Hi,

So i just put it back togheter and it still doesn't work . My mobo (msi EZdebug LED) VGA lights up for a few second when i start the pc then the boot light lights up and it doesn't boot. When i look in system status in bios the m.2 still nonexistant. I tried Cmos clear, bios flash and reinstalling the ssd about 4 times in each of the two m.2 slots, with no results. It's acting like i broke the ssd in half or something.

7 hours ago, TheLegend_27 said:

It's acting like i broke the ssd in half or something.

Can you place the SSD in a friend's system, see if the SSD is good or not?

Ssd apparently is just completely dead. bought another ssd and started from scratch. Thank you very much for the help, we tried lol.