Windows randomly crashes with no obvious reason

orangecat

To make a long story short I upgraded my PC about a month or so ago from a 3570K/Z77 based system to a Ryzen 3700x/X570 system and for a while I had no issues but now I'm having random crashes after installing a fresh copy of Windows 10. I installed all of the latest drivers and updates then installed a few common programs I normally use (none of them have every given me this issue). Just the other day my PC has randomly been locking up and restarting. It will be running fine and suddenly out of nowhere the audio will stop, the mouse cursor will freeze up, the mouse cursor will move one pixel and about 20, seconds later my PC reboots and fails to post. If I wait my PC will automatically post next boot but it's weird. I have 2 GPUs in my system. Top one connected to CPU x16 slot is a GTX 970 and the bottom chipset slot has a RX 460 that I use sometimes with Linux. At first I thought it might be a GPU issue because the VGA light was lighting up on my motherboard during post when it fails so i figured maybe it's not in the slot all the way or because it's running off the chipset maybe there's an issue so I removed it and it didn't fix my issue. I also reconnected my GTX 970 to make sure it was in the slot correctly and nothing. Also I should mention that my CPU isn't overclocked. Everything is running at stock settings. I do have XMP memory that's running at 3600Mhz but I didn't have any issues running that speed until I reinstalled Windows 10 last night. Also I don't seem to have any issues running Linux so I'm guessing it's not a hardware problem. I suspect a Windows update or a driver is causing the problem but I can't figure it out since windows event log just shows the system unexpectedly powered off and nothing else.

Any ideas?

Also when it freezes my HDD light comes on and stays on. I doubt it's an issue with any of my disks because my OS is on a known good SSD and nothing on my other drives gets accessed unless I'm gaming.

Windows event log from last crash...

Untitled.thumb.png.a7ed1b9929d160cd53bea2623ba5ae44.png