Anything specific to do to optimize my new system ? (Ryzen 3800X + X570)

noyo87

Hello!

I recently bought a new system:

- Ryzen 3800X (cooled with Noctua NH-D15)

- 4x8GB DDR4 3600 16-16-16-36 TridentZ RGB

- Asus X570 Aorus Master

- Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB

- GTX 1080 Gigabyte G1 (from my previous system, already a little bit OCed)

- Fractal Design R6

Everything seems to work properly. But I'm wondering if there is anything specific to do to make sure It run its full potential without doing crazy stuff (I don't want to do manual overclocking yet).

So far I did:

- Load XMP profile from RAM in bios

- Changed CPU fan curve to keep my system quiet (idle 40C, full load 71C)

I heard about PB and PBO but I'm not sure what to do about that.

I want to keep everything simple to operate. I'm kinda busy (dad of a 8mo girl and daytime job).

Link to my benchmark (7956 on TimeSpy) : https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/42342149?

Did you update the BIOS to the latest revision? There were a lot of optimizations recently in the AGESA 1404 update iirc

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

PBO is a bit ridiculous. PBO maxed out you'll see the temps sky rocket. Well, that's what I've seen with the 3950X. I guess it's not surprising with that chip since it's very dense.

Manual OC runs a bit cooler.

Even just leaving it all auto seems alright too. PB2 is just what AMD calls their "Turbo Boost" IIRC. It's seems to be quite a bit more temperature sensitive than Intel and their Turbo Boost feature.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 hour ago, Lurick said:

Did you update the BIOS to the latest revision? There were a lot of optimizations recently in the AGESA 1404 update iirc

Yes, thank you. I forgot to mention. BTW the bios from factory was very broken and barely usable ?