Help finding a socket for these cheeky wee buggers

I just built my new pc and it wont turn on, a green light shows on my motherboard but nothing else happens. i think its because these cables, BBC8B622-F179-4C05-A83C-1DBED4B6CE19.thumb.jpeg.97476dbcf871218b6f6a5398281a3ff5.jpegthey have something to do with the power button, but i just dont know exactly where to put them in.97D6CF54-C6AC-4CAB-8B8A-B31A992D193A.thumb.jpeg.fb1fefdbd299116161e283e68154f4da.jpegi think it plugs in here but i dont know if it has to be a specific pin.

my mobo is an asus p8h77 m pro

5 minutes ago, Reginald Bonemeal said:

I just built my new pc and it wont turn on, a green light shows on my motherboard but nothing else happens. i think its because these cables, BBC8B622-F179-4C05-A83C-1DBED4B6CE19.thumb.jpeg.97476dbcf871218b6f6a5398281a3ff5.jpegthey have something to do with the power button, but i just dont know exactly where to put them in.97D6CF54-C6AC-4CAB-8B8A-B31A992D193A.thumb.jpeg.fb1fefdbd299116161e283e68154f4da.jpegi think it plugs in here but i dont know if it has to be a specific pin.

my mobo is an asus p8h77 m pro

Which cable is which is usually labeled on the cable itself. I attaced a picture of how you must connect these cables. Altrough your pc not booting could have many different reasons. 

Aantekening 2019-12-25 135213.jpg

Main PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | RAM:Corsair LPX 3200 mhz (16Gb) 

Mobo:ASUS Strix B550-F Wifi | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z

Case: Sharkoon Nightshark RGB| Storage: 500 GB 970 EVO Plus 1 TB WD blue 500 GB Samsung HDD

Monitor: iiyama G-Master G2470HSU-B1 165Hz

Powersupply: Be Quiet straight Power 10 500 watt

Main Laptop

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H | RAM: Team group 16 GB 2666 mhz

GPU: RTX 2060 (MXM swappable)

Monitor: 1080p 120Hz

Storage: 2x 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (no raid)

Second Laptop

CPU: Intel Core I5 1235u,  RAM: Samsung 8 GB 3200 mhz

GPU: IrisXe 80 eu

Storage: 512 GB WD Digital SN530 NVMe

Phone:

Xiaomi MI 11

Work Phone:

Galaxy A50

Are you sure you mentioned the right motherboard? Your picture doesn't match the P8H77M Pro.

This is where and how you would plug in the front panel connectors on the board number mentioned:

image.png.35282d39ea8c98e0eea5da6c30ac4f4a.png

Of course check with the case manual what the different colored cables mean and keep in mind the HDD/IDE LED and Power LED have a positive and negative terminal.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 minutes ago, minibois said:

Are you sure you mentioned the right motherboard? Your picture doesn't match the P7H77M Pro.

This is where and how you would plug in the front panel connectors on the board number mentioned:

image.png.35282d39ea8c98e0eea5da6c30ac4f4a.png

Of course check with the case manual what the different colored cables mean and keep in mind the HDD/IDE LED and Power LED have a positive and negative terminal.

yup. I mentioned the right one. :) check the connector layout. I copied his mobo name and pasted it into google and got the manual that way

Main PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | RAM:Corsair LPX 3200 mhz (16Gb) 

Mobo:ASUS Strix B550-F Wifi | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z

Case: Sharkoon Nightshark RGB| Storage: 500 GB 970 EVO Plus 1 TB WD blue 500 GB Samsung HDD

Monitor: iiyama G-Master G2470HSU-B1 165Hz

Powersupply: Be Quiet straight Power 10 500 watt

Main Laptop

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H | RAM: Team group 16 GB 2666 mhz

GPU: RTX 2060 (MXM swappable)

Monitor: 1080p 120Hz

Storage: 2x 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (no raid)

Second Laptop

CPU: Intel Core I5 1235u,  RAM: Samsung 8 GB 3200 mhz

GPU: IrisXe 80 eu

Storage: 512 GB WD Digital SN530 NVMe

Phone:

Xiaomi MI 11

Work Phone:

Galaxy A50

Just now, Wolly9102 said:

yup. I mentioned the right one. :) check the connector layout. I copied his mobo name and pasted it into google and got the manual that way

I meant OP's picture doesn't match the P8H77M Pro.

Note the upright SATA connectors (plural) in the picture, as compared to the actual board:

rw9M0LoxqgmofnCX_500.jpg

See also the "Anti-Surge" text in OP's first picture, in that picture it's above the black PCIE slot, while on this board it's in a totally different place (above the RAM slots, left side in the picture of the P8H77M Pro I got from Asus' website).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

First up, try just shorting the 2 pins in the picture above marked Power and Ground...use a small Phillips Head driver, momentarily touch the driver across the 2 pins...and the system should start up...if everything else is plugged in correctly. To power on the system, you do not need any of those leads you've shown, to be connected...

USUALLY: the single green plug and the single white plug are for the Power LED terminals...green to the +ve and white to the -ve. The HDD LED plug is likely the Red coloured plug, but could be the Orange...either way they should have a marking on each telling you where they go...

18 minutes ago, Pharr Carnell said:

First up, try just shorting the 2 pins in the picture above marked Power and Ground...use a small Phillips Head driver, momentarily touch the driver across the 2 pins...and the system should start up...if everything else is plugged in correctly. To power on the system, you do not need any of those leads you've shown, to be connected...

USUALLY: the single green plug and the single white plug are for the Power LED terminals...green to the +ve and white to the -ve. The HDD LED plug is likely the Red coloured plug, but could be the Orange...either way they should have a marking on each telling you where they go...

It worked! Absolute legend!

OK...now you're on the mend, now you need to sort out the correct cables are connected to the correct pins on the mobo, then check if the PC turns on when you push the power 'On' button etc...

If the PC doesn't power on; then either the micro-switch inside the case is faulty, or the wiring from the switch to the mobo is faulty...but take it in turn to sort the rest out...