Worse performance as gaming goes on

Go to solution Solved by Dadkota,

I solved it! I had downloaded MSI's Mystic Light software to sync some RGB lighting in the case. Well, as it turns out, the software didnt wanna play nice and was causing "CPU0" to be at nearly 100% usage, but overall usage was only about 8-10%. This was making "System Interrupts" constantly lag and stutter my PC while doing basically anything. I uninstalled Mystic Lights and boom, everything is fast and responsive again. As well as CPU usage back down to normal. 

Hey all, new here and an amateur to PCs in general. I'm having an odd problem with my gaming rig. I've read, researched and tried everything within my knowledge base, and tried many things I've read off here and other forums. I apologise in advance for the wall of text, wanna provide as much detail as possible. My issue is as follows:

My rig was originally assembled in a crappy, low budget mATX case where it functioned flawlessly. Ran games like R6 Siege on Med settings at around 180FPS, and Call of Duty: MW at about 120FPS on Med. I then reassembled the machine into a new Corsair Spec Delta case, changed out the Wraith Spire for a Max, and installed a Corsair Pro Controller for my case fans. The only other thing I did was update to the lastest 2020 Edition AMD GPU drivers. 

Now upon restarting, it ran Call of Duty, although about 20-30FPS lower than before, for about 20min until it began stuttering. Then after another 20min of playing through the stuttering, it would get worse and worse. After quiting the game, the PC ran terribly, laggy mouse, Chrome was laggy and unresponsive, any other applications were also laggy and unresponsive. Restarting the PC fixes everything until about 20min into gaming again, where the issue repeats itself. This is the story playing any game. 

I have tried changing settings in the Radeon software, rolling back to 2019 Radeon software, putting in game settings to lowest, nothing worked. I have monitored CPU, disk, temps, and RAM usage, and all are normal, no abnormal spikes to be seen. I have also reseated the RAM and GPU, as well as completely wipe my drives and reinstall Win10 again. I have checked the health of my drives using HDSential, both 100%. I'm at a loss at this point, short of fully stripping and reassembling the PC, I don't know what else to do. 

PC specs: Ryzen 5 2600X

MSI B450 Bazooka V2

Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 16GB

MSI RX570 ARMOR 8GB OC

*Everything is stock clocks minus the XMP profile for max RAM speed.

1 minute ago, Dadkota said:

Hey all, new here and an amateur to PCs in general. I'm having an odd problem with my gaming rig. I've read, researched and tried everything within my knowledge base, and tried many things I've read off here and other forums. I apologise in advance for the wall of text, wanna provide as much detail as possible. My issue is as follows:

My rig was originally assembled in a crappy, low budget mATX case where it functioned flawlessly. Ran games like R6 Siege on Med settings at around 180FPS, and Call of Duty: MW at about 120FPS on Med. I then reassembled the machine into a new Corsair Spec Delta case, changed out the Wraith Spire for a Max, and installed a Corsair Pro Controller for my case fans. The only other thing I did was update to the lastest 2020 Edition AMD GPU drivers. 

Now upon restarting, it ran Call of Duty, although about 20-30FPS lower than before, for about 20min until it began stuttering. Then after another 20min of playing through the stuttering, it would get worse and worse. After quiting the game, the PC ran terribly, laggy mouse, Chrome was laggy and unresponsive, any other applications were also laggy and unresponsive. Restarting the PC fixes everything until about 20min into gaming again, where the issue repeats itself. This is the story playing any game. 

I have tried changing settings in the Radeon software, rolling back to 2019 Radeon software, putting in game settings to lowest, nothing worked. I have monitored CPU, disk, temps, and RAM usage, and all are normal, no abnormal spikes to be seen. I have also reseated the RAM and GPU, as well as completely wipe my drives and reinstall Win10 again. I have checked the health of my drives using HDSential, both 100%. I'm at a loss at this point, short of filling stripping and reassembling the PC, I don't know what else to do. 

PC specs: Ryzen 5 2600X

MSI B450 Bazooka V2

Corsair LPX DDR4-3000 16GB

MSI RX570 ARMOR 8GB OC

*Everything is stock clocks minus the XMP profile for max RAM speed.

Is it possible that u maybe failed to put the cooler on the right way while reassembling ? so the cpu overheats  could u check cpu temps while gaming seems like a temp prob 

8 minutes ago, xhackforeverxdx said:

Is it possible that u maybe failed to put the cooler on the right way while reassembling ? so the cpu overheats  could u check cpu temps while gaming seems like a temp prob 

This was one of my first thoughts as well, however monitoring temps over time on a graph, it never even sees 65*, nevermind anything that would begin thermal throttling. Same goes for the GPU, max temp is about 72-76*. 

Update: it isn't even gaming per say. Come to find, any task for more than 20-30min will make the it exhibit these symptoms. 

I solved it! I had downloaded MSI's Mystic Light software to sync some RGB lighting in the case. Well, as it turns out, the software didnt wanna play nice and was causing "CPU0" to be at nearly 100% usage, but overall usage was only about 8-10%. This was making "System Interrupts" constantly lag and stutter my PC while doing basically anything. I uninstalled Mystic Lights and boom, everything is fast and responsive again. As well as CPU usage back down to normal.