pc crashes and strange error log in windows

Ben17
Go to solution Solved by Radium_Angel,
Just now, Ben17 said:

seems to be asus aura sync program...

DIsable that entirely. Lets see what happens.

My PC sometimes will randomly turn off and restart in the middle of something (not demanding tasks) 

PC SPECS 

AMD RYZEN 3 1300X   (planning to upgrade soon)

ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2070 OC 1845MHZ

ASUS ROG STRIX X370-F GAMING MOTHERBOARD

TPLINK WLAN CARD (have already tried removing it...no fix)

PCIE TO USB CARD (have already tried removing it...no fix)

noctua nh d15 coler

nzxt h700i

evga supernova g2 750 watt power supply

kingston A400 SSD

CORSAIR VENGANCE LPX DDR4 300MHZ RAM

SEAGATE BARRACUDA 500GB HARD DRIVE

SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB HARD DRIVE 

thanks for any help

Ben Costello

image.thumb.png.bca64f83cd8ddfd7dc9c8416e28dcf7b.png

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

One example of what can commonly cause that is when a voltage rail drops out or drops too low. You can try another PSU to see if the problem goes away but I get the feeling what you're reading in Event Viewer may be unrelated.

13 minutes ago, Ben17 said:

My PC sometimes will randomly turn off and restart in the middle of something (not demanding tasks) 

Look in the Event Viewer, like you did, but not under Application, but rather System, and note any Red "X"s. See what they may be, they will hold more clues.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Look in the Event Viewer, like you did, but not under Application, but rather System, and note any Red "X"s. See what they may be, they will hold more clues.

ok will do

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 
{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
 and APPID 
{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}
 to the user BENS-PC\Ben SID (S-1-5-21-1497507100-344540933-3211278063-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

image.thumb.png.41aa940cfc48d63cc909d6c6f9e0f0c4.png

this is the only error as such from today

1 minute ago, Ben17 said:

application

COM server errors are common, and can safely be ignored.

Look for things that are power related, CPU related, or Disk related

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

COM server errors are common, and can safely be ignored.

Look for things that are power related, CPU related, or Disk related

thats the only error that i can find from today?

Just now, Ben17 said:

thats the only error that i can find from today?

Ok, look further back, you can sort by column, and see all the "severe" errors grouped together.

4 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ok, look further back, you can sort by column, and see all the "severe" errors grouped together.

these are the only critical logs i can find

do u have any idea about the slui.exe error? could that cause a problem?

thanks

log.evtx

temps are fine also btw even under load

3 minutes ago, Ben17 said:

these are the only critical logs i can find

That's actually a good sign. Means your disks are in good health (windows would record errors otherwise), and the hardware it can directly monitor seems to be good.

There are two things you can try,

The first step I always suggest is checking your RAM using MemTest86. That can take a day or so to run, but will tell you if the RAM is good, or bad.

So start there, and report back.

https://www.memtest.org/

That's actually a good sign. Means your disks are in good health (windows would record errors otherwise), and the hardware it can directly monitor seems to be good.

There are two things you can try,

The first step I always suggest is checking your RAM using MemTest86. That can take a day or so to run, but will tell you if the RAM is good, or bad.

So start there, and report back.

https://www.memtest.org/

ok will do

i did run the windows one before but i think its not great

14 minutes ago, Ben17 said:

windows one before but i think its not great

Totally useless. Memtest is the only tool for properly finding RAM errors

25 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Totally useless. Memtest is the only tool for properly finding RAM errors

very true i agree with you there

could something like this cause restarts just showed up now after it suddenly restarted  @Radium_Angel 

image.png

3 minutes ago, Ben17 said:

could something like this cause restarts

*Possibly*, what is that service, and how is it configured to run? Most services, if mis-configured, will fail gracefully and log an error about it, but I have seen some cause restarts. But one step at a time, start with RAM, let's eliminate that as an issue.

*Possibly*, what is that service, and how is it configured to run? Most services, if mis-configured, will fail gracefully and log an error about it, but I have seen some cause restarts. But one step at a time, start with RAM, let's eliminate that as an issue.

yeah just to have to try and find a usb stick/unused cd still...shops shut now ?  probably will get one tomorrow 

i cant figure out what program it is atm

6 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

the weird thing is it doesnt happen in my windows 7 on another drive in the pc

4 minutes ago, Ben17 said:

i cant figure out what program it is atm

LightningService?

It's probably under Services. I'm sure a google search on that error will help identify it and what it's associated with.

1 minute ago, Ben17 said:

the weird thing is it doesnt happen in my windows 7 on another drive in the pc

So you are dual booting?

LightningService?

It's probably under Services. I'm sure a google search on that error will help identify it and what it's associated with.

i'll try and do a bit of research about it...

So you are dual booting?

no its on a separate hard drive i just plug that in when i'm using it I don't have it running all he time