Rx 5700xt open box(no warranty) or rtx 2060 super zotac with 5 years warranty?

Toheed

Ps: super is 30$ expensive too. What should I do? Both are new though. Rx 5700xt is open box but no warranty.

Can you specify what 5700XT is it?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 minutes ago, Toheed said:

Ps: super is 30$ expensive too. What should I do? Both are new though. Rx 5700xt is open box but no warranty.

2060S. 

2 hours ago, Princess Luna said:

Can you specify what 5700XT is it?

Power color rx 5700xt 3dh

This one

1908161525070.png

1 hour ago, AngryBeaver said:

2060S. 

But rx 5700xt is almost on par with rtx 2070super and cheaper than rtx 2060super. Is warranty really that useful? 

Well here is just a bit of food for thought.

Generally speaking  I don't feel the warranty is all that important.  Usually it either works or doesn't, rather does it work for a bit then fail.  If the "Open Box" model offers at least a 14-day  return for replacement in case you find they missed something in testing (or just didn't test which is often the case) then your probably safe to go with the Open Box item.  You do want to make sure that you can return it if it is not functioning correctly because most often the Retailer is take the word of the person returning the item that it isn't broken or malfunctioning.  However, often the person returning the card just tells them that there is nothing wrong with the item because it is easier or more convenient and/or they don't want to be told that they need to return a broken item to the Manufacture for an RMA.

That being the case, I honestly don't find that retailers discount "Open Box" items more than 10-15% because from their perspective, the item was returned open but otherwise in "New" condition and they still want to make a profit and/or at least break even on the item.  With only 10-15% of a discount, you would have to ask yourself if the savings is worth the possibility you might have to go through the trouble of installing the card, finding it not working, troubleshooting the card to see if you can get it working and if not uninstall and returning back to the retailer is worth a 10-15% discount.  

39 minutes ago, Toheed said:

But rx 5700xt is almost on par with rtx 2070super and cheaper than rtx 2060super. Is warranty really that useful? 

They trade blows and the difference can be 1 or 2 fps in most titles or in a hand full of amd titles it is more. On average though it came out to like 2% faster on average with some games (amd titles) being 5% faster.

Btw this card is closer to a 2060s than a 2070s (unless we talk about the power mods/table mods which still fall short)

So you get a 5700xt for less, but with no warranty and also missing a handful of tech that the 2060s will have like tensor cores and ray tracing. 

Now if you get 2060s and use the new nvidia overclocking feature present in afterburner or precision then the 2060s will offer higher performance than the xt for a simple button click and 15 minute wait for the initial process.

The xt would require a little more fiddling, but could also OC for good gains, but the effort needed and modifications that need to be made most user wouldn't be comfortable with... even more so on a card with no warranty.

2 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

They trade blows and the difference can be 1 or 2 fps in most titles or in a hand full of amd titles it is more. On average though it came out to like 2% faster on average with some games (amd titles) being 5% faster.

Btw this card is closer to a 2060s than a 2070s (unless we talk about the power mods/table mods which still fall short)

So you get a 5700xt for less, but with no warranty and also missing a handful of tech that the 2060s will have like tensor cores and ray tracing. 

Now if you get 2060s and use the new nvidia overclocking feature present in afterburner or precision then the 2060s will offer higher performance than the xt for a simple button click and 15 minute wait for the initial process.

The xt would require a little more fiddling, but could also OC for good gains, but the effort needed and modifications that need to be made most user wouldn't be comfortable with... even more so on a card with no warranty.

Actually there is very little difference in performance between any of the 5700XT cards as they all tend to perform within 2-4 fps of each other.  That being the case, the particular 5700xt he is talking about is definitely closer to a 2070 Super, just like all the rest of the 5700xt's out there.  Performance-wise, the 5700 XT is the hands down winner.  On the other hand, that particular model of the 5700XT is probably the lowest end, most basic 5700 XT on the market and while not the worst model out there, still toward the lower end. That is something to consider as well.

That being the case, I am always a very big advocate of waiting a bit and saving up a few extra dollars to just get what you want without skimping and sacrificing to save a few bucks.  That being the case, unless it was a matter of needing a new GPU immediately, I would probably target the 5700 XT, pick a good, well reviewed model and save toward getting a new in box model of that kind rather than getting an open box model because it is $40 cheaper.  

18 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

Well here is just a bit of food for thought.

Generally speaking  I don't feel the warranty is all that important.  Usually it either works or doesn't, rather does it work for a bit then fail.  If the "Open Box" model offers at least a 14-day  return for replacement in case you find they missed something in testing (or just didn't test which is often the case) then your probably safe to go with the Open Box item.  You do want to make sure that you can return it if it is not functioning correctly because most often the Retailer is take the word of the person returning the item that it isn't broken or malfunctioning.  However, often the person returning the card just tells them that there is nothing wrong with the item because it is easier or more convenient and/or they don't want to be told that they need to return a broken item to the Manufacture for an RMA.

That being the case, I honestly don't find that retailers discount "Open Box" items more than 10-15% because from their perspective, the item was returned open but otherwise in "New" condition and they still want to make a profit and/or at least break even on the item.  With only 10-15% of a discount, you would have to ask yourself if the savings is worth the possibility you might have to go through the trouble of installing the card, finding it not working, troubleshooting the card to see if you can get it working and if not uninstall and returning back to the retailer is worth a 10-15% discount.  

I can ask for 14 days testing periods. He is offering 7 days though. I would have blindly bought gtx 2060 super if it was atleast better than rx 5700 let alone 5700xt. The tittles I play have much highers frames using amd while rtx 2060s falls behind 10-20fps to rx 5700.

7 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

Actually there is very little difference in performance between any of the 5700XT cards as they all tend to perform within 2-4 fps of each other.  That being the case, the particular 5700xt he is talking about is definitely closer to a 2070 Super, just like all the rest of the 5700xt's out there.  Performance-wise, the 5700 XT is the hands down winner.  On the other hand, that particular model of the 5700XT is probably the lowest end, most basic 5700 XT on the market and while not the worst model out there, still toward the lower end. That is something to consider as well.

That being the case, I am always a very big advocate of waiting a bit and saving up a few extra dollars to just get what you want without skimping and sacrificing to save a few bucks.  That being the case, unless it was a matter of needing a new GPU immediately, I would probably target the 5700 XT, pick a good, well reviewed model and save toward getting a new in box model of that kind rather than getting an open box model because it is $40 cheaper.  

The problem is , either there is this variant for 400$ or nitro+ which costs 550$ here. There is no other variant available atm in my country. The 550$ nitro+ comes with a 2 yearss warranty. But at that price I can get a gtx 1080ti used or 2070super new

6 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

sapphire pulse and msi gaming x are from what i know the best in the price range, they have a few promos. if it was me id save up a lil bit more money and get a red devil and overclock the snot out of it. i happened to just have extra money so i got a 2070 super and then the strix was on sale, i paid strix tax it was $550 but im pretty sure i can get stock 2080s performance, if not that will just be my L. but i completely agree with your ladder opinion 

is it open box or used. 

If its used they are asking too much. 

if its just open box and unregistered with powercolor you should still have manufacturer warranty.

I dont see why a open box has absolutely no warranty from manufacturer. 

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block

7 minutes ago, solarflare said:

is it open box or used. 

if its just open box and unregistered with powercolor you should still have manufacturer warranty.

It is open box unused imported from USA not locally distributed.

3 minutes ago, Toheed said:

The problem is , either there is this variant for 400$ or nitro+ which costs 550$ here. There is no other variant available atm in my country. The 550$ nitro+ comes with a 2 yearss warranty. But at that price I can get a gtx 1080ti used or 2070super new

Yeah when your choices are limited that makes it kind of hard.   Here in the US, there are quite a few good options for the 5700XT that are at the $400 price point and in some cases even less with sales and rebates.   As far as getting a 1080ti used, with the 5700XT being so close in performance to a 1080ti, I just can't see paying the same price for used card.  The 2070 Super in the US is around $100 more than the 5700XT making the 5700XT the value winner but if in your country, the 5700XT and the 2070 Super are at the same prices, I would buy the 2070 Super.

One last thing.  If that open box is $150 cheaper than what you would have to play for a new 5700XT in your country, then it has a fairly significant discount and at that much, I would say it might very well be worth it despite it being an open box.  I think you mentioned a 7 day return policy which is a bit short but if you can get it installed and thoroughly test the card under heavy GPU load during that time, I think you would be fine.

1 minute ago, solarflare said:

is it open box or used. 

I agree with you about the Warranty, as long as it isn't registered with Powercolor it should still have its warranty, however the reason they list it as having no warranty might be to cover their arse if the original owner had actually already registered it.  I doubt there is any way to know if they have registered it or not out side of attempting to register it yourself. 

23 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

I wasn't really comparing it to other XT cards. I was saying that the overclocking and power table mods for it are not as friendly for your average user va how easy overclocking the 2060s is with the afterburner tool.

Performance wise I still think it is closer to the 2060 which it is 2-5% faster than on average depending on title. Don't forget the 2060s is within a few % of the base 2070 and the 2070s is within 2 or 3 % of the 2080.

The only time the xt comes close to the 2070s is with heavy power table modifications and even then it only is close to a base 2070s and easily loses once they gain an easy overclock.

Now I am not saying the 5700xt isn't a good card or great price/performance.

Just I dont think that it is worth it at that price point vs the 2060s. You give up a few features including a warranty and only gain a few fps in the process

Yeah when your choices are limited that makes it kind of hard.   Here in the US, there are quite a few good options for the 5700XT that are at the $400 price point and in some cases even less with sales and rebates.   As far as getting a 1080ti used, with the 5700XT being so close in performance to a 1080ti, I just can't see paying the same price for used card.  The 2070 Super in the US is around $100 more than the 5700XT making the 5700XT the value winner but if in your country, the 5700XT and the 2070 Super are at the same prices, I would buy the 2070 Super.

One last thing.  If that open box is $150 cheaper than what you would have to play for a new 5700XT in your country, then it has a fairly significant discount and at that much, I would say it might very well be worth it despite it being an open box.  I think you mentioned a 7 day return policy which is a bit short but if you can get it installed and thoroughly test the card under heavy GPU load during that time, I think you would be fine.

I agree with you about the Warranty, as long as it isn't registered with Powercolor it should still have its warranty, however the reason they list it as having no warranty might be to cover their arse if the original owner had actually already registered it.  I doubt there is any way to know if they have registered it or not out side of attempting to register it yourself. 

Maybe I can ask him to give me 15 days of testing time and I can ask him if the gpu has official warranty or not. If he agrees I will give it a try. Otherwise I can wait a month and hope to get more options. I am using rx 580 with 144hz so it is showing it's age now.

8 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

I just want to say I hand down GPU's and they all seem to fail within the last few months of warranty be that 2 or 3 years. 

Now in my case I go with EVGA and this normally results in me getting something like a 1080 where I had a 980 before. 

I mean for me the cards are mostly no longer in use on a primary system when they fail (although I've had them die within months too).

Again I just think for the choices here the 2060s is a better deal

19 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

So I just talked to him and he said it comes with 1 year official warranty and it is unregistered and I will get the 2 free games with it. And if I ever need to RMA he can help me with it but I will have to pay the shipping charges.

8 minutes ago, Toheed said:

So I just talked to him and he said it comes with 1 year official warranty and it is unregistered and I will get the 2 free games with it. And if I ever need to RMA he can help me with it but I will have to pay the shipping charges.

Well at a $150 discount under the cost of a brand new 5700 XT in your country, it seems like a bargain.  That would be like getting a 5700XT for $250 here in the USA just because it is an open box, all total a 37.5% discount.  Of course I don't know how the exchange rate works in your country, but if it is indeed a 37.5% discount, I would say give it a shot.   

One last thing. The power color dual fan you pictured runs rather warm and since it gets warm the fans crank up which makes it rather loud. 

For most people this isn't an issue. My nephews have rx580 red dragons which are similar hot and loud cards. Now this being 7nm means it has the benefit of needing less power, but the downside of having less surface area to dissipate said heat.

So just something else to consider. Also from the few reviews I have seen it seems to be pretty power limited so there isn't really any OV headroom

6 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

One last thing. The power color dual fan you pictured runs rather warm and since it gets warm the fans crank up which makes it rather loud. 

For most people this isn't an issue. My nephews have rx580 red dragons which are similar hot and loud cards. Now this being 7nm means it has the benefit of needing less power, but the downside of having less surface area to dissipate said heat.

So just something else to consider. Also from the few reviews I have seen it seems to be pretty power limited so there isn't really any OV headroom

None of the 5700 XT's overclock well to be honest at least that has been the case in the tons of reviews I have read and seen about this.  Overclocking only seems to add maybe 1-2% performance so I am not sure if OC'ing ability should even be a factor in a Radeon GPU purchase in today's day and age.  For the most part you don't want it loud if you're even sensitive to that (I am not) and you don't want it to be overly hot mostly because of reliability concerns though running a cooler card can result in a few fps better performance. 

powercolor is a solid brand card though nothing wrong with that. 

If it has a 1yr that's perfectly fine imho first thing id do is register it under yourself so make sure you get a sales receipt. 

usually a card has issues right away or none, unless put under high heat environments for long durations.

I have purchased plenty of used cards that ran for years and years without issues but i also payed used prices so fairs fair. 

I have sold plenty of new cards that i had to RMA for customer as well over the years but typically the problems cropped up straight away. 

Nvidia is a bit easier to OC but AMD isn't exactly difficult if you take a bit of time to understand it. 

Drivers these days are good on both sides and both sides have their duh moments as well. 

Freesync monitors still seem cheaper as well and more common now than Gsync this is also a + towards AMD GPU's. 

I think you have a good deal in front of you so long as the card works well and you get a bit of warranty to verify no issues. 

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

None of the 5700 XT's overclock well to be honest at least that has been the case in the tons of reviews I have read and seen about this.  Overclocking only seems to add maybe 1-2% performance so I am not sure if OC'ing ability should even be a factor in a Radeon GPU purchase in today's day and age.  For the most part you don't want it loud if you're even sensitive to that (I am not) and you don't want it to be overly hot mostly because of reliability concerns though running a cooler card can result in a few fps better performance. 

Often fan profile change can fix alot of this. 

One issue i've seen with stock fan profile is the card will run with low fan RPM and then hit thermals and ramp the fans up instead of a gradual fan curve. 

23 minutes ago, solarflare said:

Often fan profile change can fix alot of this. 

One issue i've seen with stock fan profile is the card will run with low fan RPM and then hit thermals and ramp the fans up instead of a gradual fan curve. 

I am still not sure that even with a good fan profile that there is enough of a performance gain between the various 5700 XT cards to justify worrying about the OC potential of the card for most users.  I mean if building computers and tinkering with them to get the absolute max performance out of them is your hobby and passion then yeah sure.   I mean 1-2% gain on the GPU, 1-2% on the CPU, 1-2% on the RAM, 1-2% from an enhanced cooling solution, etc. all adds up to be a fairly significant number but if your going for that, your likely not going to even bat an eye about spending $50-$100 more to get that 1-2% performance.  For the rest of us, as long as it isn't too hot or noisy to tolerate, we probably wouldn't notice or care about the difference.

41 minutes ago, solarflare said:

powercolor is a solid brand card though nothing wrong with that. 

If it has a 1yr that's perfectly fine imho first thing id do is register it under yourself so make sure you get a sales receipt. 

usually a card has issues right away or none, unless put under high heat environments for long durations.

I have purchased plenty of used cards that ran for years and years without issues but i also payed used prices so fairs fair. 

I have sold plenty of new cards that i had to RMA for customer as well over the years but typically the problems cropped up straight away. 

Nvidia is a bit easier to OC but AMD isn't exactly difficult if you take a bit of time to understand it. 

Drivers these days are good on both sides and both sides have their duh moments as well. 

Freesync monitors still seem cheaper as well and more common now than Gsync this is also a + towards AMD GPU's. 

I think you have a good deal in front of you so long as the card works well and you get a bit of warranty to verify no issues. 

The freesync monitor argument is a moot point since nvidia can use a freesync or gsync monitor which seems to be a plus towards nvidia from that pov