Second GPU not being used for secondary monitors

Jorogumo4

Hey all,

My main GPU is a RX 580, and I noticed when streaming and having my own stream pulled up on my secondary monitor to keep an eye on chat and make sure the stream is running smoothly, I was very easily pulling 30% of my GPU on that alone. Leaving me only 70% for the game itself. I wanted to remedy this by adding in my old GT 710 to my system and plugging up those monitors to it.

So the current setup is as follows;
Main Monitor, 1080p 144hz -> RX 580
Second Monitor, 1080p 60hz -> GT 710
Third Monitor, 1080p 60hz -> GT 710

But of course, things weren't this simple. I still find that my RX 580 is taking the load and my GT 710 isn't doing anything. Any ideas on this? How can I get my GT 710 to process both my secondary monitors while leaving the main monitor alone?

Below is just me watching a stream at 720p 30fps with a few applications open such as Google Chrome and Discord

Untitled.png

is the 2nd and 3rd monitor plugged into the gt710? if its plugged into the 580 then it will use the 580.

2 minutes ago, Saksham said:

is the 2nd and 3rd monitor plugged into the gt710? if its plugged into the 580 then it will use the 580.

No, the 2nd and 3rd monitors are plugged into the GT 710

Interesting, if I have a game like Runescape on my third or second monitor, it uses the GT 710, but it seems that for whatever reason video decoding is always being done on RX 580.

Untitled.png

9 minutes ago, Jorogumo4 said:

Interesting, if I have a game like Runescape on my third or second monitor, it uses the GT 710, but it seems that for whatever reason video decoding is always being done on RX 580.

probably because windows realizes that decoding can be done faster on the 580? im just guessing. maybe it could be incompatibility between amd and nvidia?

Try to disable hardware acceleration for any apps going to the other monitor & see if that helps. I know both Discord & chrome can do that. 

Beyond that, from my own experience, using multiple GPUs never works as it should. Especially for panels with multiple refresh rates. (Though I heard somewhere that Windows is trying to remedy this)

The best results I've gotten were using the iGPU on my Intel CPUs plus a discrete GPU, but even that wasn't as efficient as it should be. And I had constant issues with FRAME PACING (not to be confused with frames per second) anytime there was video playing in any monitor, including OBS's preview window. 

I don’t use chrome but if I have something decoding on that monitor, it does it with what’s being connected to it. 

But I either run identical cards or use the mobo. 

Perhaps try another explorer. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz