Corsair HD120 fan lighting and mounting questions/issues

Splake

To clarify I bought the three pack that comes with the rgb hub and the controller
I havent mounted these fans yet because it seems like the fans are not pre-threaded? I just want to make sure thats how theyre supposed to be before i go digging into the plastic. 

the bigger problem I have rn is that one of my rgb lights is permanently lit on my slot 1 fan. currently it is plugged into my MSI z390 pro carbon motherboard in the corsair slot. Ive tested the rgb hub, it works perfectly fine because when it is connected to my controller, it works fine and all the lights sync up. My suspicion is that i might have plugged it into the wrong pins on my motherboard. Furthermore Icue does not detect my case fans but do detect my ram (also corsair). my msi motherboard (dragon center, mystic light) however does allow me to control the lights on the fans but are listed under RGB strip. I asked a more knowledgeable friend and he said it may be because of the 4pin to 3 pin connector from my rgb hub to the motherboard that is broken or the motherboard itself. He recommended that I just replug the fans under a normal rgb port. 

any suggestions and advice is much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 8:56 PM, Splake said:

To clarify I bought the three pack that comes with the rgb hub and the controller
I havent mounted these fans yet because it seems like the fans are not pre-threaded? I just want to make sure thats how theyre supposed to be before i go digging into the plastic. 

the bigger problem I have rn is that one of my rgb lights is permanently lit on my slot 1 fan. currently it is plugged into my MSI z390 pro carbon motherboard in the corsair slot. Ive tested the rgb hub, it works perfectly fine because when it is connected to my controller, it works fine and all the lights sync up. My suspicion is that i might have plugged it into the wrong pins on my motherboard. Furthermore Icue does not detect my case fans but do detect my ram (also corsair). my msi motherboard (dragon center, mystic light) however does allow me to control the lights on the fans but are listed under RGB strip. I asked a more knowledgeable friend and he said it may be because of the 4pin to 3 pin connector from my rgb hub to the motherboard that is broken or the motherboard itself. He recommended that I just replug the fans under a normal rgb port. 

any suggestions and advice is much appreciated.

still trying to solve this issue but i have some bigger gpu issues. when trying to fix that other issue i replugged my psu and when i rebooted my fans all sync'd up. i guessed that it was because mystic light hadn't started up and so i uninstalled the mystic light program, restarted after unplugging and replugging my psu and my fans all synced up again, this time without mystic light starting up so all the lights stayed in sync. then i reinstalled mystic light and now that singular fan light is busted again. 

On 12/17/2019 at 11:56 PM, Splake said:

That is correct. The threads on the screw should cut into the plastic a bit to create a good bond. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25