Need a single slot width low power nVidia card suggestion please

Radium_Angel

Running only through power supplied by PCIe slot.

I'm going to assume the 1030 is my best bet, but it's on an older system (C2Q) so the 1030 might be overkill.

Happy to go used, what are my options?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Whats the GPU for? Just display outs?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Whats the GPU for? Just display outs?

Currently it's a test box, I realize the C2Q 9550 is rather old, so hardcore gaming is not really an option (but I'd like to see what it can do with a game called Armoured Warfare...a World of Tanks like game set in the modern era) on AAA games, but it will be a general use system, playing movies, etc.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

6 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Currently it's a test box, I realize the C2Q 9550 is rather old, so hardcore gaming is not really an option (but I'd like to see what it can do with a game called Armoured Warfare...a World of Tanks like game set in the modern era) on AAA games, but it will be a general use system, playing movies, etc.

GT 1030 sounds pretty suitable then imo, it can do some light modern gaming so older games should be great and the 9550 isnt garbage so i think they would be a decent match

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016