What cables are these

aune
Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

The 3 cables on the right go to the power button, reset button , power led etc. They connect motherboard to case, don't have any relation to power supply.

The cable in the middle with lots of colors is plugged into a USB header (as can be seen below the blue header, it says "USB").  Your case has 2 usb 2.0 connectors on it, or an usb connector and some card reader, so those connect to this header. Not related to psu.

The second picture, that cable is very close to the analogue outputs, so I suspect is the AC97/HD AUDIO cable, which connects the sound card to the case audio connectors (microphone and headphones).  I think it says AFP by the header, which means "Audio Front Panel".

To replace the power supply you onl need to disconnect the 24 pin connector, the 4pin or 8pin connector that powers the cpu and the power cables that power the hard drives, video cards etc.

21 minutes ago, aune said:

what kind of cables are these? are they connected to the psu?

MyUG6dPA.jpeg

sym3-euw.jpeg

MyUG6dPA.jpeg

sym3-euw.jpeg

They're the front panel connectors.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

They're the front panel connectors.

so im buying a new psu, i do not need to disconnect them?

1 minute ago, aune said:

so im buying a new psu, i do not need to disconnect them?

No................

Do you not know what the front panel IO is??

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

No................

i am really bad at pcs mate, i do not

4 minutes ago, aune said:

i am really bad at pcs mate, i do not

You probably want to do a bit more research before attempting to switch out the power supply yourself then.

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, Enderman said:

No................

XmtV9IXw.thumb.jpeg.f1a385b5c1ad890d63a82f22fc3f07f5.jpeg

can i ask you what this cable is? does it need to be disconnected or? it goes to the cpu. the black one not the big one to the right

1 minute ago, aune said:

can i ask you what this cable is? does it need to be disconnected or? it goes to the cpu

That for your watercooling pump.

No it does not need to be disconnected.

Please just go to youtube and watch 50 tutorials on how to build a PC.

?‍♀️

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

That for your watercooling pump.

No it does not need to be disconnected.

Please just go to youtube and watch 50 tutorials on how to build a PC.

?‍♀️

Basically i just swap out the old power cables to the cpu, gpu, ssds and the 24 pin to the motherboard then, have i got it right?

4 minutes ago, Caroline said:

yeah

is it really that simple

The 3 cables on the right go to the power button, reset button , power led etc. They connect motherboard to case, don't have any relation to power supply.

The cable in the middle with lots of colors is plugged into a USB header (as can be seen below the blue header, it says "USB").  Your case has 2 usb 2.0 connectors on it, or an usb connector and some card reader, so those connect to this header. Not related to psu.

The second picture, that cable is very close to the analogue outputs, so I suspect is the AC97/HD AUDIO cable, which connects the sound card to the case audio connectors (microphone and headphones).  I think it says AFP by the header, which means "Audio Front Panel".

To replace the power supply you onl need to disconnect the 24 pin connector, the 4pin or 8pin connector that powers the cpu and the power cables that power the hard drives, video cards etc.

21 minutes ago, aune said:

MyUG6dPA.jpeg

sym3-euw.jpeg

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

THANK YOU! This is the clearance i needed!