I have never ever played on any console in my life and I need recommendations.

IAEInferno

So with my Ultra PC master race build complete with my ultra wide monitor. I am looking into getting into console gaming myself to appreciate PC gaming more and to widen my horizons as well.

With the upcoming PS5 and XBOX 2, I would love to know about yall experience with the Playstation consoles and XBOX consoles and would like to know the pros and cons and what console you would recommend to yourself if you had the chance to talk to yourself in the past when choosing a console.

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

I've owned both the xbox and ps4

If you had to choose, get the ps4 because of the amount of really great games for that system. God of War, Horizon, Last of Us...

However- Xbox has gamepass which is amazing. A huge library of AAA games for a cheap entry fee.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I vastly prefer the xbox mainly because the controller is a lot more comfortable for me. If I play for more than 30 minutes with a playstation controller my hand starts to cramp because of their analog stick layout.

Console preference is more to their own likings to be honest, I first started with an Xbox 360 and ended with a PS4. I have tried an Xbox One and they are pretty much the same experience for me. Xbox One is more for media playing and racing game exclusives and such meanwhile PS4 also has their library of singe-player exclusives. PS4 has their own game streaming service but you have to have a good internet connection to play them as they are played through the internet, there is no need to download and such but the main letdown about it is that it is mainly for older titles and such, you wouldn't be able to find high demand games like cod and such. In the other hand, Xbox also has their monthly game service which imo is many times better than ps4, you pay each month for a game subscription and you have a large variety of games to download and play, and they have recent titles and such, (except for cod)

The only reason I have a ps4 is for mlb the show, the naughty dog games and god of war. 

The only reason I have a Xbox was pub g came out, I didn’t have a pc at the time and that was the cheapest way to play it. Plus Xbox game pass has a ton of good stuff on it and when it updates I resub to it, beat the games and unsubscribe from it. 

Psn isn’t as good as Xbox live audio quality wise, it just isn’t the same in a party chat. Playing games tho I haven’t had issues on ps4 that would make me say the servers are junk. 

Xbox ui is better then PlayStation for sure but what would you expect. Your buying a console from a software company, it should be a good experience. 

Controller wise I like how light the ds4 feels but I like the stick layout of the Xbox. I don’t prefer one over the other and could use either all day long. 

Systems are cheap right now and new ones are coming this time next year. If I were to buy a console to basically try out I’d go to a pawn shop and get one. Have them bring a few out and look at the mfg date on the back and pick out the newest one of the bunch. Hard to recommend buying a new one when we’ll have way better consoles in 12 months 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x