Slow download speed, normal upload speed

Buhzrk

Hi everyone, I had left my home for 2 weeks and when I came back my internet speed over Wi-Fi and Ethernet has deteriorated significantly. I was getting 40megabits down and 100 megabits up on my gigabit connection. Initially before I left my home, I was getting 900 megabits down and 5-600 megabits up. I restarted my modem which helped get back my upload speed, but my download speed seems to be "capped" to slightly below 40megabits per second. Strangely, it seems to be capped at this speed over both Wi-Fi and Ethernet. Does anyone have any suggestions what I should do because I'm super frustrated at this problem. Thank you!

i7 8700K Overclocked to 5.2 GHZ, Asus 1080 TI ROG STRIX OC EDITION, Asus PRIME Z370-A Motherboard, G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 3200mhz ,

Corsair Nepton H100i v2, ThermalTake ToughPower 750W Gold, 

Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVMe Internal SSD 256GB , Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe Internal SSD 500GB, 3TB Seagate HDD, 4TB HGST HDD, Fractal Design R5 Black w/SidePanel, 

ASUS PG279Q 165hz 1440p Monitor, Corsair K65 LUX RGB Keyboard, Logitech G Pro WirelessZowie Camade, Sennheiser HD 6xx, Audiotechnica AT2020 Rode PSA-1 

Contact your ISP and explain this issue to them as they might be able to help you. You can also try unplugging the modem again for a few minutes or so and plugging it back in to force another handshake to see if that solves the issue.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM