Gigabyte Support are great...

Master Disaster

So everyone is quick to post about negative experiences but rarely do we hear positive ones.

A few weeks back I purchased an Auros AX370-Gaming 7 board from eBay used and when it arrived it was literally a board in a bag, no box, no cables, no drivers (none of these I cared about) and no I/O Shield.

I messaged the seller and asked if he had it, he responded by saying he didn't and it wasn't advertised. I pointed out that its pretty much implied a board would come with an I/O shield and that the board was for a build I intended to sell on. He ignored me so I raised an issue with eBay and after 2 days they took his side saying the listing was for the board, any accessories are optional.

Googling the part turned up one seller in the US who wanted $20 for a replacement. Yeah, no, that's not happening.

As a last resort I created a ticket on Gigabyte support asking if they could help offering to pay for the part. They responded instantly and told me they'd give me one, all I had to do was send a self addressed envelope to them with pre paid postage and a note saying which part I needed.

I sent it on Monday (the 9th) and the replacement arrived 3 days later (Thurs 12th).

I've dealt with loads of customer support departments withs varying levels of success but I have to say I've never had anything thats moved anywhere near this quickly. I created the ticket on a Friday and I had the replacement by the following Thursday, thats 4 working days and that includes postage both ways.

Good job Gigabyte, now I can finally finish this build and get it sold.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

That's quite disgusting of the seller to ship you just a board. Unless it is noted that nothing else but the board is up for sale.

If you purchase a used monitor you kind of expect the default stand to come with it.

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Nvidia RTX 3090 FE - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 32GB DDR4 3200MHz - Samsung 980 Pro 250GB NVMe m.2 PCIE 4.0 - 970 Evo 1TB NVMe m.2 - T5 500GB External SSD - Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi 6) - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm - 3 x 120mm Corsair AF120 Quiet Edition - 3 x 120mm Corsair ML120 - Corsair RM850X - Corsair Carbide 275R - Asus ROG PG279Q IPS 1440p 165hz G-Sync - Logitech G513 Linear - Logitech G502 Lightsync Wireless - Steelseries Arctic 7 Wireless

19 minutes ago, Reytime said:

That's quite disgusting of the seller to ship you just a board. Unless it is noted that nothing else but the board is up for sale.

If you purchase a used monitor you kind of expect the default stand to come with it.

I agree, unfortunately eBay didn't. Even worse there was 3 standoffs stuck in the wrong sized screws which I had to remove and the socket was covered in heat paste. Guy clearly didn't know what he was doing.

Luckily though it works great and it was a good price so swings and roundabouts I guess.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

21 minutes ago, Reytime said:

You'd expect to get one with a brand new monitor too... unless your company name rhymes with crapple.

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.