I'm not enjoying my games anymore. Perhaps life.

SuperStroopwafel

Hey guys,

I switched to PC gaming last summer, had a PS3 before. I have a around 70 games now, with many of the latest titles, but for some reason I'm not enjoying my games. Had this about 2 months now. The only thing I enjoy a bit is CS:GO, on the console I was around 5 hours online per day and gaming really much. Still gaming much but not enjoying it. I don't know what to do else, I'm buying and buying new games but I just don't like them all. I'm considering selling my PC and buy a PS4, but I'm not sure if I enjoy that like the PS3, if the problem is PC gaming or gaming itself. It's frustrating when I check my Whattsapp group chat and all my friends say: "Yeah, gonna game now." "Woehoee, school is done, starting up my PS4/PS3 now!"

I had depressions in the past and some really big issues, I was recovering well the last time but I have the feeling that it is going the wrong way again. When I had my issues my only 'saving point' were my games, just erasing everything in my head, enjoying my games. But that is all gone now.    

I have everything I dreamed for: A beastly PC (for a 15 year old boy), Good peripherals, two monitors etc. etc. and I'm still not enjoying it.

Perhaps this is a weird topic but perhaps more are related to this, sorry if my English is not good, its not my main language.  

I want to share this because the LTT forum is a great community and hopefully someone has any tips for me.

Thanks for listening. 

Well, "things" don't always make you happy. You gotta do stuff that does make you happy :). That's why millionaires "living it up" aren't always happy either.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Take some summer classes, should keep you busy enough to actually enjoy what free time you have. 

I was worked like a dog during junior year and the luxury of doing nothing during the entire summer was something that literally could not be worn out for the entire 3 months. 

Error: 410

It all really depends on what games you play. Maybe try something else like Far Cry 3? I bought Far Cry 3 because I saw it through people playing it and really liked it. At first I did really enjoy it because it was slightly confusing but later on it gets really enjoyable.

Quote me to get a reply!

Well, "things" don't always make you happy. You gotta do stuff that does make you happy :). That's why millionaires "living it up" aren't always happy either.

I totally get that. Perhaps chilling with my friends do me good. Holiday is coming next week so that would be a nice chance. Thanks for the reaction. 

Take some summer classes, should keep you busy enough to actually enjoy what free time you have. 

I was worked like a dog during junior year and the luxury of doing nothing during the entire summer was something that literally could not be worn out for the entire 3 months. 

I get the point, but I have school and summer is 5 months from now, but I'll find my way out. Thanks

It's always good to have hobbies outside of gaming because sometimes you just lose that motivation to play. But it definitely helps to have groups of friends to play with. Something to think about is try playing emulators of older consoles or weird indie games like Hotline Miami or The Stanley Parable, always try different types of games to stay motivated.

Case: CM Storm Trooper I CPU: 4770k @4.5ghz I Cpu cooler: H110 I RAM: G.Skill Sniper 16gb 2400mhz I GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC I Mobo: Msi gd65 I PSU: Corsair rm 750w I KEYBOARD: Cm Storm Trigger cherry mx blue I MOUSE: Corsair m65 I MONITORS: ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz and Acer X223W 22" 60hz I AUDIO: Corsair vengeance 1500

Do you have a large amount of friends on the pc? If not, I'll game with you. I feel that a solid friend base makes gaming a lot more entertaining and enjoyable.

I have some friends on steam, but they can't play the games that I play, they can't even play TF2 at a solid FPS. But what is your steam? We'll stay connected, I really like that you want  to game with me and I really appreciate that. Thanks!

I had depressions in the past and some really big issues, I was recovering well the last time but I have the feeling that it is going the wrong way again. When I had my issues my only 'saving point' were my games, just erasing everything in my head, enjoying my games.

Me to :(

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

I have some friends on steam, but they can't play the games that I play, they can't even play TF2 at a solid FPS. But what is your steam? We'll stay connected, I really like that you want to game with me and I really appreciate that. Thanks!

Thank you! Nice to see other 15 year old PC gamers. My steam is Covalent.

Go out and have a beer with some friends, meet some new people. A good time is never far away if you really want it.

Holiday is coming, that is a nice opportunity to do something with my friends, no beer for me though :P I'm only 15 but thanks for the advice! 

It's always good to have hobbies outside of gaming because sometimes you just lose that motivation to play. But it definitely helps to have groups of friends to play with. Something to think about is try playing emulators of older consoles or weird indie games like Hotline Miami or The Stanley Parable, always try different types of games to stay motivated.

I never play Indie games, didn't gave them a chance either, good option! Thanks!

Thank you! Nice to see other 15 year old PC gamers. My steam is Covalent.

There are like 100 people with that name, add me: Pokkepinguin. Get the account with the penguin profile picture.

Do you have a large amount of friends on the pc? If not, I'll game with you. I feel that a solid friend base makes gaming a lot more entertaining and enjoyable.

I second this.

Holiday is coming, that is a nice opportunity to do something with my friends, no beer for me though :P I'm only 15 but thanks for the advice! 

I thought you dutch people were about the same as us Danes, being 15 never stopped anyone from having a beer here lol. My apologies and respect to you for waiting. :)

I thought you dutch people were about the same as us Danes, being 15 never stopped anyone from having a beer here lol. My apologies and respect to you for waiting. :)

Hahaha, I totally agree with you, I used to drink but I have gift, I can't get drunk. So its not fun and I don't like beer haha, but man oh man we Dutchies can drink.

Btw, no apologies needed.