Intel I7 9700 (non k)

Vinnie51

Should I get a New air cooler or will the stock fan be okay with the 9700

You can't overclock without a K chip, so as long as you don't live in an excessively hot place or have a PC case with starved airflow, you should be just fine with the chip, although a Hyper 212 might improve your results.

Just now, Aprilfooldude said:

You can't overclock without a K chip, so as long as you don't live in an excessively hot place or have a PC case with starved airflow, you should be just fine with the chip, although a Hyper 212 might improve your results.

yeah I don't plan on overclocking just upgrading my pc from the i7 6700 this is my case btw 

15761777810842841007872253384088.jpg

15761778125573268581215124827252.jpg

Just now, Vinnie51 said:

yeah I don't plan on overclocking just upgrading my pc from the i7 6700 this is my case btw 

With the way it looks, you should be just fine with stock, although I would heavily recommend getting a $30-40 cooler like @Mira Yurizaki suggests

Just now, Aprilfooldude said:

With the way it looks, you should be just fine with stock, although I would heavily recommend getting a $30-40 cooler like @Mira Yurizaki suggests

Yeah I'll probably do that though when I was looking online some were  pretty bulky and my case isn't the biggest

6 minutes ago, Vinnie51 said:

Yeah I'll probably do that though when I was looking online some were  pretty bulky and my case isn't the biggest

Check your case dimensions and reference the cooler specifications if you do plan on getting a new cooler

Just make sure your mobo supports 9th gen, or are you getting a new one?

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Every 20-30$ cooler will improve your temps and especially noise levels hugely!

Hyper 212 evo is recommended.

Also try cleaning up your cable management. That will also improve airflow a bit and look tidier :) 

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 🙂

20 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

Just make sure your mobo supports 9th gen, or are you getting a new one?

Getting a new one of course I know my motherboard doesn't support 9th gen not sure which motherboard I should get that will fit and be good

19 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

Every 20-30$ cooler will improve your temps and especially noise levels hugely!

Hyper 212 evo is recommended.

Also try cleaning up your cable management. That will also improve airflow a bit and look tidier :) 

?

2 hours ago, Aprilfooldude said:

Check your case dimensions and reference the cooler specifications if you do plan on getting a new cooler

It's the Phantom 240 which supports coolers up to 158mm. 

@Vinnie51 The stock cooler may be adequate but it may be noisy or barely so. I recommend running a synthetic stress test like OCCT and seeing what load temps are like. 

Getting a new cooler may be a good idea if you're not satisfied with the results. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.