x570 Aorus Elite vs x470 Strix-F for 3700x

Just looking to answer the subject question. I plan on OCing my 3700x, the RAM(probably, as Ryzen are heavily dependent on RAM), and my Titan X Maxwell.

I don't plan on upgrading past the 3700x for the AM4 platform. I am running a Corsair H150i 360mm. I have 32gb of 3200mhz Trident Z Royal Silver RAM. I have a SSD, an HDD, and I plan on either adding a larger HDD for game storage or an M.2 drive as a boot drive, eventually..maybe even both.

Which of these will be best for me? I can't afford something more expensive at the moment, and may upgrade the motherboard later down the road, but see no point, if not upgrading the CPU.

Thanks in advance, friends.

"Liam" - CPU: Ryzen 3700x Base GPU: EVGA Titan X(Maxwell) RAM: Trident Royal Z 32GB @ 3600mhz Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic White Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm Case Fans: Thermaltake Riing 12 Series Whitex6

It depends. First of all, the Strix-F isn't a very good board. If you want to use the new faster M.2 PCI-E 4.0 drives, then you need X570. Then the Aorus Elite is solid choice.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

The Aorus Elite x570 will be better.  Better VRM (12 SiC634 50A power stages ), better features.

Asus x470 Strix-F has 6 phases with IR3555 60A power stages and a weaker heatsink.

The Aorus elite is among the best boards for its price range, expect great things from it.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

The Aorus elite is among the best boards for its price range, expect great things from it.

Aorus Elite vs tuf gaming?

"Liam" - CPU: Ryzen 3700x Base GPU: EVGA Titan X(Maxwell) RAM: Trident Royal Z 32GB @ 3600mhz Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic White Cooler: Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm Case Fans: Thermaltake Riing 12 Series Whitex6

Just now, AmpedUpDad said:

Aorus Elite vs tuf gaming?

The tuf gaming X570 plus and the Aorus X570 elite are in the same class basically, either would satisfy your needs for great OC performance.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

The tuf gaming X570 plus and the Aorus X570 elite are in the same class basically, either would satisfy your needs for great OC performance.

You're the best, sir.

Both are very good.

The TUF will have a few degrees celsius cooler VRM but it's pointless, it doesn't make it better.

For example you OC the shit out of the CPU and the TUF VRM will sit at 75c and the Aorus Elite will sit at 80c , while the maximum safe temperature is 100-110c. They're both waaay below the thresholds. Both are fine, those 5 degrees don't make any difference.

Pick according to features and board looks.

I like the GB more due to less coloring on the board.

Feature wise:

pci-e  :  +1 pci-e x1 for asus

net wired:  +1 for gigabyte intel gigabit vs realtek

sata : 8 on asus , 6 on gigabyte (but see manual, ports may be disabled on asus if you use sata m.2)

+1 displayport for asus,  gigabyte has only 1 hdmi output (you don't buy these for integrated graphics)

+1 usb type-c in the io shield and ps/2, but gigabyte has 4 usb 2.0 ports in the back so it wins at total usb ports

gigabyte has usb 3.1gen2 (10g) header for cases that have 10g usb type c in front... that's a win.

Gigabyte X570 Aurus Elite wifi      $210

Good value, good vrm, no t/s features but does have bios flashback

intel lan 1gb, no debug features.

– or ASUS TUFF Gaming Wifi

no debug features sux

--------------------------------------------------------------------

GB X570 Aorus Elite ATX                              $200

No wifi, solid vrm, intel lan, no better combo at price, no debug features

ASUS -F is not recommended!