Should I trust YouTube channel's fps tests?

Hello everybody, I've recently decided to build a PC to play PUBG and I want no fault afterwards. So I started out checking the best CPU and GPU to play PUBG in 1440p high. I searched on YouTube first and I watched many videos but the result was not the same all along. I just want it ask that should I trust those results?

Thank You.

TBH I wouldnt trust anything Google tells you, Google owns Youtube.

The title is misleading, I thought youtube had a fps thing on their videos.

Youtube channel video makers have various discrepancies between how their test rig is setup. You have to trust a trustworthy channel to get accurate information.

1 minute ago, amdorintel said:

The title is misleading, I thought youtube had a fps thing on their videos.

Youtube channel video makers have various discrepancies between how their test rig is setup. You have to trust a trustworthy channel to get accurate information.

Is TestingGames a trustworthy channel?

3 minutes ago, Tinish Maheshwari said:

TBH I have no clue

The only channel I am listenting to on youtube is called actually hardcore overclocking, which goes over motherboards, and ram sticks in great detail. the guy is a nerd, and oozes information like its oxygen.

Why do you want to play the fps game ?

Do you plan to overclock ?

perhaps 4centjayz's channel is trustworthy?

https://www.youtube.com/user/Jayztwocents

I like FPS games but my old PC can't handle PUBG even at 720p high. So, I may building a new PC. Me and some of my friends wanted to play it. We all are getting the same build

No, I don't plan on overclocking.

2 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

Google's just a search engine..

And youtube is just a video platform

1 minute ago, Tinish Maheshwari said:

Just look at the stats of the video and take it with ease. Unless you have their personal system, you can't expect to have the exact results. However, they'll be similar if you buy the same parts.

Depending on the game, the majority of the time games are weighted on the gpu than anything else, so you can focus on that primarily between benchmarks and look at the differences there.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

6 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Google's just a search engine..

And youtube is just a video platform

Just look at the stats of the video and take it with ease. Unless you have their personal system, you can't expect to have the exact results. However, they'll be similar if you buy the same parts.

Depending on the game, the majority of the time games are weighted on the gpu than anything else, so you can focus on that primarily between benchmarks and look at the differences there.

The $900 build in the new video, can it run PUBG on1440p high?

4 minutes ago, Tinish Maheshwari said:

The $900 build in the new video, can it run PUBG on1440p high?

Yeah, it should be fine.

I haven't watched it, but I'm assuming it's like a 3600 with a 5700 or 2060?

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Yeah, it should be fine.

I haven't watched it, but I'm assuming it's like a 3600 with a 5700 or 2060?

Yes its a 3600 with 2060. PUBG is a graphically demanding game, I just want to play 1440p at 60+ fps.

6 minutes ago, Tinish Maheshwari said:

Yes its a 3600 with 2060. PUBG is a graphically demanding game, I just want to play 1440p at 60+ fps.

PUBG is also poorly designed in that it fluctuates in performance pretty wildly.

As an umbrella kind of statement though- the 2060 will be fine for 1440p 50-60 fps.

you should be aiming for 1080p or even less when it comes to playing shooters competitively with higher than 100fps stable

edit, I'll admit there is a benefit for playing battle royale games at  a higher resolution, but the value proposition of more frames outpaces resolution still.

an rtx 2060 will get you 100+fps in pubg at 1080p, which is more than playable and still gets you most of the competitive edge, and 1080p 144hz monitors are  a dime a dozen this holiday season.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

I want my PC to be future proof and Linus himself said you should get on monitor below 1440p 60hz.

If I get a 144hz monitor I can lower some settings to make it stable to play on 1440p.

19 minutes ago, Tinish Maheshwari said:

I want my PC to be future proof and Linus himself said you should get on monitor below 1440p 60hz.

If I get a 144hz monitor I can lower some settings to make it stable to play on 1440p.

1440p 144hz monitors are still fairly expensive, if you're willing to pay the premium by all means. Just remember that PUBG is not particularly well-optimized.

But 1080p 144hz would be much easier to achieve

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Heatsink: ID-Cooling Frostflow X GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 6GB RAM: KLEVV Bolt 3600Mhz (2x8GB) Mobo: ASUS B550-F ROG Strix (Wifi)  Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: Deepcool DQ-M-V2L

1 hour ago, Tinish Maheshwari said:

The cheapest in my area is like $119. Second hand btw. New one cost 199

new 1440p 144hz monitor for $200? damn that's practically a steal, unless it's the worst one on the market.

however I don't recall linus ever saying 1440p is the resolution to hit unless he's talking about laptops, in every desktop scenario he's brought up fps as the most valuable feature. he even did a scientific test he published with nvidia and pro gamer shroud on this topic.

now I'm speaking from personal experience here, 1440p high on a 2060, and even a 2060 super in some optimized places like pubg are just unfathomably bad, so unless you got the budget for a 2070 super, I'd sideline 1440p gaming.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

1 hour ago, Tinish Maheshwari said:

don't future proof, almost any reputable builder and pc influencer will tell you to build the best for today. you're practically preordering technology you have no guarantee of working with your set up. and the only thing you'd realistically be future proofing is the monitor, which unless you spend $500+ on the 2070 super and you'd also have to get a higher ghz cpu to match, you're not gonna see any real benefit from.