Need help charging MSI GS63VR Laptop

Okay so... I'm currently on a field training exercise in the middle of the desert and one of the Marines in my unit just came up to me with a regular laptop that needs to be charged so that she can submit a paper however she left her laptop charger behind and her laptop is dead.

I've tried the following;

• Removing the internal HDD and plugging it into another computer to look at the files on that, turns out she didn't have it saved to her D: drive.
  • Every charger we have here, however it appears this model of laptop regularly charges using a 120W laptop charger and we don't have a laptop charger with that much juice.

I'm willing to try literally almost anything. Lets make this thing work pls.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

Uhhh thats a difficult one, Actually quite impossible. I think you can buy those chargers for 60 bucks. But honestly not sure. If your daring you could diy a battery. Maybe. But i 100% do not recommend it

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2019 at 3:25 AM, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

Okay so... I'm currently on a field training exercise in the middle of the desert and one of the Marines in my unit just came up to me with a regular laptop that needs to be charged so that she can submit a paper however she left her laptop charger behind and her laptop is dead.

I've tried the following;

• Removing the internal HDD and plugging it into another computer to look at the files on that, turns out she didn't have it saved to her ? drive.
  • Every charger we have here, however it appears this model of laptop regularly charges using a 120W laptop charger and we don't have a laptop charger with that much juice.

I'm willing to try literally almost anything. Lets make this thing work pls.

As long as the other chargers are the same voltage you can use them to charge the battery on the laptop. It just wont charge as quickly as it normally would, and if you try to use the laptop with the charger plugged in it might consume more power than than the charger can give it. If the plug wont fit, and your feeling creative you could try cutting off the end of a charger separating the hot, and cold wires, then attaching them to the correct areas. Just make sure the chargers output is correct voltage the lap top needs. I hope this helps.