MASSIVE HDD SPEED HELP!!!

orangecat

Ok so i don't know is ATTO is for SSD only or something but I have a old 200GB Seagate HDD in my system for random storage and I ran ATTO on it and got some results that I have a really hard time believing. Also the only conclusion I could come up with is that its writing to the cache. And NTFS compression is turned on. But I can't see this odl drive doing 4GBps like its showing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n938[/ATTACH]

The drive is failing, or the controller is acting up :) I would replace that drive fast, if something important is on it :)

I have no idea. Rerun the test a few times, and see if the results change back to normal. Even a PCIe SSD isn't able to reach these speeds. If you use RAMDISK, that may be the problem, but as far as I know ATTO does not support that.

I have no idea. Rerun the test a few times, and see if the results change back to normal. Even a PCIe SSD isn't able to reach these speeds. If you use RAMDISK, that may be the problem, but as far as I know ATTO does not support that.
I am not using Ramdisk and when I disabled NTFS compression the speeds where normal around 50-70MBPS.

Just to clarify I'm not running some massive RAID just one HDD connected to Intel Sata on my motherboard I'm also not running a ramdisk.

I just ran the same test with NTFS compression and without on my SSD and my read speeds where over 4GBPS on my ssd maby ATTO is inaccurate when NTFS compression is enabled or maby that real idk could be some kind of a software miracle.

Try benchmarking with a different utility like crystal disk mark to see if it's the drive or the utility. Also, how old is the drive?

Workstation: 3930k @ 4.3GHz under an H100 - 4x8GB ram - infiniband HCA  - xonar essence stx - gtx 680 - sabretooth x79 - corsair C70 Server: i7 3770k (don't ask) - lsi-9260-4i used as an HBA - 6x3TB WD red (raidz2) - crucia m4's (60gb (ZIL, L2ARC), 120gb (OS)) - 4X8GB ram - infiniband HCA - define mini  Goodies: Røde podcaster w/ boom & shock mount - 3x1080p ips panels (NEC monitors for life) - k90 - g9x - sp2500's - HD598's - kvm switch

ZFS tutorial

Try benchmarking with a different utility like crystal disk mark to see if it's the drive or the utility. Also, how old is the drive?
I actually don't know how old it is but the systemit came from had leike 512mb of ram and a athlon 64.