Need Info on GPU RGB Modding

Omikse

I am trying to get into modding my current system because I want to RGB it up. And before you ask why I want to do that and how stupid of an idea it is (please do not even bother), I like the looks of RGB and I want to do it to see if I can. Anyway, I recently tried my hand at creating an RGB back plate that did not turn out so hot. But that is something I just need to work on. And yes I know the Emblem is backwards. I realized that after I cut the vinyl sticker. But I want to mod my card even more. Sorry, you need a little detail. I have a EVGA GTX 1060 6GB Dual Fan card. I want to add more than just a backplate but the only videos out there only deal with adding a backplate. There is one that shows adding led's to around the fans but that card had a lot of space in-between the fan blades and the housing. I do not have the amount of space needed to do that. It also showed him sanding the blades down as well but I did not know if that would unbalance them or not. So ant suggestion from you modders out there on what I can do to add to my card other than the back plate or any videos that might help me in doing so. Picture of my debacle is below. I tried to add a video as well nut it is 10MB to big since I can only add 20MBs

20191209_093849.jpg

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

i'd sooner abandon the cards stock cooler and just use actual rgb fans on the card itself. 

totally unreated , but if you wanted the tolerance of a fan to be less between the blades and shroud you can just stick sand paper between the housing and blades and just run the fan and sand it down that way. But thats only if you don't really care about warranties and such and are well versed in making things.

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

i'd sooner abandon the cards stock cooler and just use actual rgb fans on the card itself. 

totally unreated , but if you wanted the tolerance of a fan to be less between the blades and shroud you can just stick sand paper between the housing and blades and just run the fan and sand it down that way. But thats only if you don't really care about warranties and such and are well versed in making things.

I believe the card is past its warranty date ( I think, 3 year old card). Do you mean taking off the stock cooler and say adding a couple of 120 fans? As stated before I am just starting out in modding so no not well versed in making such things.

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Heat Sink: AMD Wraith Prism RGB, Video Card: FTW GeForce RTX 3080, Memory: 4 x G. Skill Trident Z RGB Royal 8GB (total 32GB), Power Supply: Thermaltake Tough Power Grand RGB750W, MonitorAOC Q32G1WG4, HD: 2 x Samsung EVO 850 and 4 x Seagate 2TB ST2000DL 003-9VT166 SATA HD, Keyboard: G. Skill RipJaws KM780R RGB Mechanical Keyboard, Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless, Network Adaptor: D-Link DWA-192 AC1900 Wi-Fi USB 3.0

2 minutes ago, Omikse said:

As stated before I am just starting out in modding so no not well versed in making such things.

then you should probably be practicing on cheap or free hardware first and not (what i assume is) your main gpu.