Is there any way I can get Windows 10 on my SSD and then just delete it off my hard drive?

L.T.
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

Unplug the HDD, put windows on the SSD, plug in your HDD and move any files you want to keep to the SSD, format the HDD in windows disk management, then move files back to the clean HDD.

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

I recently got a 500GB SSD and I want to put windows 10 and a few games on it, but still have my hard drive for the rest of my storage. Is there any way that I can just download windows to the SSD and have that as my primary boot option and then simply delete windows from my hard drive, or do I have to do this cloning business that I really have no idea how to do?

well it all makes sense up until you want to delete the os off the ssd

you can download w10 onto the ssd without activating it, and it works the same as activating it

you go into bios and you move the boot sequence to boot from the ssd

then you must have another hard drive then if you want to delete the os from the ssd

what exactly do you want to do, because what you have layed out is odd and wont work.

1 minute ago, amdorintel said:

well it all makes sense up until you want to delete the os off the ssd

you can download w10 onto the ssd without activating it, and it works the same as activating it

you go into bios and you move the boot sequence to boot from the ssd

then you must have another hard drive then if you want to delete the os from the ssd

what exactly do you want to do, because what you have layed out is odd and wont work.

No, no, I would like to put an OS on the SSD and take it OFF the HDD, sorry if it's still confusing, but basically, I'm trying to put an OS on an SSD.

Unplug the HDD, put windows on the SSD, plug in your HDD and move any files you want to keep to the SSD, format the HDD in windows disk management, then move files back to the clean HDD.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

12 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Thanks chief, I may have been explaining things oddly, but I got it!