Looking for a new case: full tower+silent

antreos

Should be a full tower (mid tower would be Ok too) and I would like it to be silent - I really don't like noisy PCs :D 

Budget would be somewhat around 200-250€. Ideas?

Two ways to make a quiet computer: use quiet parts and/or have a quiet case.  

The thing that makes noise with computer parts (other than coil whine which is random and uncontrollable) is fans.  So low heat parts makes low speed fans. It can also make low speed computers, depending.  LTT just didn’t a thing on undervolting you might find useful for that.

Quiet cases are cases with sound dampening.  Sound dampening is a very detail oriented thing, and cases can’t be airtight so it’s effect is limited.  The tends make cases that are heavy, expensive, and have limited airflow, which often doesn’t matter for quiet parts.  There are cases specifically designed for noise reduction.

theres a company called silentPC.com that specializes in this stuff.

there are cheapo way to quiet a lowball case.  My personal favorite is rubber backed stair tread carpeting mats.  They’re heavy as hell though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Define series from Fractal Design has acoustic dampening! You can also buy acoustic dampening seperately from eg. caseking.de

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

What is the rest of your build?

Indeed the Fractal Design Define R6 is a nice, quiet case. You can even replace the stock fans with some premium (even more silent) Noctua's for on your budget.

On 12/3/2019 at 4:36 AM, knightsystems said:

Should be a full tower (mid tower would be Ok too) and I would like it to be silent - I really don't like noisy PCs :D 

Outside of being quiet, any other requests for features?  Have a few options, but would like to narrow it down for you.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

On 12/3/2019 at 4:36 AM, knightsystems said:

well theres the obvious choice like https://www.bequiet.com/en

But any thing can be quite with enough cooling and low fan settings and undervolting ect ect.