Please review this budget build for Witcher 3

Go to solution Solved by Eigenvektor,
2 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

Okay, is there anything more useful you can give? the total cost of this is less than 1K which is nothing considering the best parts these days cost more than this entire build like a RTX 2080 Ti.

That's 2070 non-S vs 1080 in Witcher 3 at 4K and max details. The 2070S is about 10% faster, so that should give you an idea how good it'll run. You didn't specify a resolution, so unless you're going for 4K it should be fine, I guess? :D

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/GzMn6R

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard

Team Dark Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory

Western Digital Green 480 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

Zotac GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB MINI Video Card

Deepcool MATREXX 30 MicroATX Mini Tower Case

Corsair CX500

I gave away my PC and am building a new PC. I was pretty happy with my old components which included a i5-4670K and a NVIDIA GTX 1080.

Having said that I still want to feel like my new build is an upgrade so I don't want the exactly same performance.

My main goal is being able to play Witcher 3 on maximum settings so please keep that in mind when going over the build.

Please let me know if you think I should change anything. I tried to make the build price effective.

2 minutes ago, Saksham said:

"budget" build.....

Okay, is there anything more useful you can give? the total cost of this is less than 1K which is nothing considering the best parts these days cost more than this entire build like a RTX 2080 Ti.

2 minutes ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

That's 2070 non-S vs 1080 in Witcher 3 at 4K and max details. The 2070S is about 10% faster, so that should give you an idea how good it'll run. You didn't specify a resolution, so unless you're going for 4K it should be fine, I guess? :D

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Please my man, change the motherboard, it doesn’t support overclocking bcuz of a320 chipset limitations  and cheaping out in a mobo is not something you should do

Otherwise it’s a good rig, I would personally recommend a good quality b450 mobo

1 minute ago, Eigenvektor said:

I feel like something is wrong with the video. I played Witcher 3 on my 3440x1440 monitor recently on my existing build and I had 60+ FPS whereas the video is showing like 45 FPS. I am also very sure that I had everything maxed out.

4 minutes ago, SidM said:

Please my man, change the motherboard, it doesn’t support overclocking bcuz of a320 chipset limitations  and cheaping out in a mobo is not something you should do

Do you approve of this motherboard then?

https://www.cclonline.com/product/257792/90-MXB830-A0UAYZ/Motherboards/ASRock-B450M-HDV-AMD-Socket-AM4-B450-Chipset-MicroATX-Motherboard/MBD2472/

ASRock B450M-HDV AMD Socket AM4 Motherboard

It's a B450 chipset. I am not going to overclock though, otherwise I'd have went for a case with better airflow

Just now, Gamer Schnitzel said:

I feel like something is wrong with the video. I played Witcher 3 on my 3440x1440 monitor recently on my existing build and I had 60+ FPS whereas the video is showing like 45 FPS. I am also very sure that I had everything maxed out.

Might be hairworks, did you have that enabled? They don't mention CPU and it's close to 100% load in some areas, so that might also be a factor.

The video is also from 2018, so it's quite possible that newer drivers improved performance. In any case the 2070S should be an upgrade over the 1080.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

Ya that’s a good motherboard, keep in mind a v important thing tho, the bios is designed to work for 2nd gen and you will need to update the bios by using a 2nd gen cpu(which you will have to borrow from somewhere) only then will you be able to use ur 3rd gen cpu. This is bcuz b450 was originally released from Ryzen 2nd gen

Both of those ASRock boards are rubbish.

This is a better build overall. You might want a better psu though as the Corsair CX500 that you have isn't ideal.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£178.97 @ CCL Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI B450M MORTAR MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£92.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£57.40 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Team L5 LITE 3D 480 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£39.95 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB GAMING OC Video Card  (£389.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk) 
Case: Fractal Design Define Mini C TG MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (£66.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £826.28
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-12-02 21:37 GMT+0000