ASUS ROG STRIX RX5700 XT O8G GAMING OC 8GB DDR6 or ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER AIR 8GB GDDR6

Go to solution Solved by ImAyaanKhan,
Just now, Jrboey said:

From where I am here, the Power Color Red Devil and Strix is around 29 dollars difference. You think I should get the Red Devil still or just get the STRIX? 

Get the red devil, it's arguably the best air cooled 5700XT out there right now

Hi Guys,

I'm currently running a Ryzen 5 2600 and ROG Strix B450-F Gaming MOBO. Planning to upgrade my GPU, I'm now on a NVIDIA GTX 950 2GB card. Also I just bought a DELL 32" Curved Gaming Monitor S3220DGF 1440p 160hz. So I'm planning to game at 1440p at best settings. But I want to get the best of my money on the GPU, don't have a lot of cash here and my choice are these 2 cards. Whether to go AMD with a better board manufacturer or just go for a normal card but is a NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super. Appreciate all your kindly advise. By the way, 2 of these card the pricing are around the same price.. different by maybe 50 dollars. 

ASUS ROG STRIX RX5700 XT O8G GAMING OC 8GB DDR6 VGA CARD
image.png.c7e601c50f03554995505ca2b15e5a60.png

OR

ZOTAC RTX 2070 SUPER AIR 8GB GDDR6 - ZT-T20710E-10M

image.png.bcb07e5b0faee10b5ca4895e542ac785.png

For the money you cant go wrong with the 5700xt Devil. Strix is just expensive 

Why are these two your only options? there are far cheaper and actually BETTER RX5700XT's other than the Strix.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Choosing between RX5700 XT and GTX2070 regardless of manufacturer, AMD wins in value with rather small margin but still. But you can get PowerColor Red Dragon, MSI Gaming X, Sapphire Pulse for cheaper, they're equally as good. Just don't buy ASUS TUF.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

13 minutes ago, Xkillerpn said:

For the money you cant go wrong with the 5700xt Devil. Strix is just expensive 

From where I am here, the Power Color Red Devil and Strix is around 29 dollars difference. You think I should get the Red Devil still or just get the STRIX? 

9 minutes ago, Juular said:

Choosing between RX5700 XT and GTX2070 regardless of manufacturer, AMD wins in value with rather small margin but still. But you can get PowerColor Red Dragon, MSI Gaming X, Sapphire Pulse for cheaper, they're equally as good. Just don't buy ASUS TUF.

You think Strix is ok too? Considering if Red Devil and Strix ain't much of a price difference from where I am. 

6 minutes ago, Tegos said:

Like the others have said so far, the ROG STRIX isn't that great, and kind of expensive. I'd advise you look for other cards, maybe from Sapphire, MSI, PowerColor or ASRock, and see if you can find something that suits you for a smaller price tag.

Can't give much advice on the 2070, but Zotac is generally alright.

Thanks!!.. Well noted

Just now, Jrboey said:

Get the red devil, it's arguably the best air cooled 5700XT out there right now

Current PC (Second Build) : CPU: Ryzen 5 1600 (OC @3.8GHz, sometimes pushed to 4GHz) RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-2666 (OC @2733Mhz, sometimes pushed to 2800 for testing purposes)   GPU: PowerColor Radeon RX570 8gb MOBO: ASRock B450m Pro4 SSD: Inland 120gb HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda PSU: Cooler Master Masterwatt 500w Lite Case: NZXT H500 OS: Arch Linux+ KDE Plasma [Desktop Environment] & Windows 10 Pro [Broken due to grub 50% of the time]

Accessories: Mouse: Alienware AW958 Elite Keyboard: Corsair K63 Wireless  Headphones: Samsung Level On Pro

Phone (waiting on arrival): Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Got it, thanks guys. I'll go with the Red Devil then.. Thanks!!!