No one probably knows but... what’s the Roman numerals for on the side of a submarine? Here’s a pic

WolfLoverPro
38 minutes ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Hmmm okay. But I’m not sure I get the point? Surely they can see lol?

If a ship or submarine is passing through a canal or harbor or shallow water they will typically have a map or other indicator of how deep the water is. They don't want to hit the bottom with their boat so they need to know how much of the boat is under water. No simpler way than just looking at the side of the hull.

they are known as waterline draft marks and are used to determine the keep depth

A term called keel depth is used for submarines, which can submerge to different depths at sea, specifying the current distance from the water surface to the bottom of the submarine's keel. It is used in navigation to avoid underwater obstacles and hitting the ocean floor, and as a standard point on the submarine for depth measurements. Submarines usually also have a specified draft used while operating on the surface, for navigating in harbors and at docks.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

with that, the weight on board changes

i've only seen one submarine, and it was in victoria bc

i cant remember if it had #'s on it but i'd assume it would have

though canada's submarines are all purchased used, from the 1940's undoubtedly.

the transit bus literally went into the base, i stepped out with my 12 pack of beer wanting to drink while watching the sea action.

mr security guard told me to keep on moving