Can the NSA or hackers record or log secure texting apps like Tigertext?

This whole my countries spy agencies are spying on all us has kinda freaked me out a little bit. I am not trying to hide anything, but do I really want our government to access all my communications anytime they want? Not really.

At the hospital I worked at recently, we used TigerText.com HIPAA compliant text messaging. It was HIPAA compliant for several reasons, but I remember that a main one was that the text messages auto-deleted from the other person’s phone.

My questions is, even though the messages auto-delete, can the NSA (or anyone else) still record or log them?

I looked on their site but I couldn’t find anything about this.

depends who has the key ?

1.never trust anything that doesnt allow you to choose the key (password)

2.never trust a middle man when ur dealing with sensitive information

3.if u have to deal with a middle man encrypt your own stuff before sending

4.iOS is not secure(snowden leaks)  go with an open alternative an android phone and flash it with CM or replicant

5.read here for open alternatives that allow you to choose your own keys with no middle men  https://prism-break.org/en/categories/android/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT

i just googled ur question and it seems a million other people have the same questions

i found this

"Technically with Tigertext, the information packages could be intercepted, but Tigertext does a couple of things to protect the messages. First, the messages are encrypted and they are sent through Tigertext servers, and the messages auto delete after a period of time - which makes Tigertext very secure which is why it is also HIPAA and SOX compliant.

SMS on the other hand is not encrypted, it is run from 'public' servers with copies of the message stored in many locations and is completly unsecure.

I am sure the NSA working to get the technology to read everything, but encryption and deleteing messages make it much harder if not impossible to read messaging like Tigertext."

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Thanx Qwertywarrior for the info!!

Great advice, and it looks like Tigertext is a secure way to send text messages and images since it seems to meet the 5 points you listed.

I also found that Tigertext just got $21 million in funding, so others must think they have a quality products:

http://www.tigertext.com/tigertext-caps-record-year-21-million-series-b-investment-accelerate-market-penetration/