About 1650 super with 3200G

Go to solution Solved by LordMacrae,
17 minutes ago, Ranajoy Shil said:

Which one will be the best one for gaming and video editing, 3200g or 1600, they are both similarly priced where I live.

Definitely the 1600 in that case, it's better for both gaming AND video editing.

is 1650 super good with the 3200g for 1080p/900p gaming and is 1650 super good enough for lite video editing (1080p 60fps) in premier pro 2015.5? i mean i was thinking to get the rx580 but the 1650 super came out and it's better for video editing in premier pro, but is it really an good gpu to use for light editing and does it have cuda cores for gpu acceleration in premier pro?

and should i get the 2200G or 1300 instead and save some money ?? which will be a better option?

The 2200g has an integrated gpu you won’t be using, so it’s questionable just for that.  Also it’s not actually zen2.  It’s an earlier design.  I don’t know what the 1300 even is.  It’s not in the AMD wiki.  If it’s got the same number and type of cores at the 2200g running around the same speed, why buy a second gpu you can’t use?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

29 minutes ago, Ranajoy Shil said:

and should i get the 2200G or 1300 instead and save some money ?? which will be a better option?

They Ryzen 3 1400 might be a good option if you can find it for a similar price, due to the multi-threading.

CPU - Core i7 4770 RAM - 16GB DDR3 1600MHz GPU - XFX RX 470 4GB

SSD - 1TB TCSUNBOW X3 PSU - 500W Aerocool Integrator

If you’re getting a discrete graphics card, maybe look at Ryzen 2600 or 1600. 2600 is a bit pricier than a 3200G, but it’s much more capable and will age better. 1600 is a lot like 2600, just cheaper (if you can find it) and a bit slower. 

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Thermalright Le Grand Macho RT | ASUS ROG Strix X470-F | 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB @3400MHz | EVGA RTX 2080S XC Ultra | EVGA GQ 650 | HP EX920 1TB / Crucial MX500 500GB / Samsung Spinpoint 1TB | Cooler Master H500M

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

The 2200g has an integrated gpu you won’t be using, so it’s questionable just for that.  Also it’s not actually zen2.  It’s an earlier design.  I don’t know what the 1300 even is.  It’s not in the AMD wiki.  If it’s got the same number and type of cores at the 2200g running around the same speed, why buy a second gpu you can’t use?

Actually where I live 1600 and 3200g priced pretty similar, so is getting a 2017 processor a good plan? I'm primarily gonna be using it for gaming and video editing in Premier pro for sure, that's it. Maybe recording some gameplay as well, why not.

1 hour ago, LordMacrae said:

They Ryzen 3 1400 might be a good option if you can find it for a similar price, due to the multi-threading.

Which one will be the best one for gaming and video editing, 3200g or 1600, they are both similarly priced where I live.

1 hour ago, melete said:

If you’re getting a discrete graphics card, maybe look at Ryzen 2600 or 1600. 2600 is a bit pricier than a 3200G, but it’s much more capable and will age better. 1600 is a lot like 2600, just cheaper (if you can find it) and a bit slower. 

Yeah, 3200G and 1600 both are similarly priced where I live, and I have plans for the 1650 super, it's lot better than 1650 for the price, so which processor would be better for gaming and maybe some gameplay recording and 1080p video editing in Premier pro!??

17 minutes ago, Ranajoy Shil said:

Definitely the 1600 in that case, it's better for both gaming AND video editing.

CPU - Core i7 4770 RAM - 16GB DDR3 1600MHz GPU - XFX RX 470 4GB

SSD - 1TB TCSUNBOW X3 PSU - 500W Aerocool Integrator

25 minutes ago, Ranajoy Shil said:

Actually where I live 1600 and 3200g priced pretty similar, so is getting a 2017 processor a good plan? I'm primarily gonna be using it for gaming and video editing in Premier pro for sure, that's it. Maybe recording some gameplay as well, why not.

1600 beats the pants off a 3200g if you’re buying a separate gpu

the problem is it may say 3xxx but it’s not one.

Edited by Bombastinator
Explanation

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.