Confused...

LavishLinc
3 minutes ago, Juular said:

@mr moose @GoodBytes

There's whole bunch of people having the same problem all over the internets. You may try to disable RuntimeBroker. This is most likely not PSU issue but i still advice to check PSU cables just in case.

I disabled runtime broker and so far nothing has happened... even my idle cpu clock speed went down significantly. Fingers crossed it was only that. If It happens again I will go and buy a new psu... do you guys have any recommendations that are good and won’t break my bank?

3 minutes ago, LavishLinc said:

I disabled runtime broker and so far nothing has happened... even my idle cpu clock speed went down significantly. Fingers crossed it was only that. If It happens again I will go and buy a new psu... do you guys have any recommendations that are good and won’t break my bank?

What's your GPU ? I see, RX5700 XT, well, not really 'won't break your bank' but with this GPU i wouldn't recommend to cheap out on the PSU, my recommendation is Enermax Revolution D.F 650W for 80$ (assuming you're in US).

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

5 minutes ago, Juular said:

What's your GPU ? I see, RX5700 XT, well, not really 'won't break your bank' but with this GPU i wouldn't recommend to cheap out on the PSU, my recommendation is Enermax Revolution D.F 650W for 80$ (assuming you're in US).

I’ll keep this in mind if my pc shuts off again. Thank you!

1 hour ago, Juular said:

@mr moose @GoodBytes

There's whole bunch of people having the same problem all over the internets. You may try to disable RuntimeBroker. This is most likely not PSU issue but i still advice to check PSU cables just in case.

Yep, it appears a faulty app can cause problems with runtimebroker.   Like a corrupt driver in the games or DX.  Which makes sense given updates fixed the issue earlier.

EDIT:

Also my current recommendation for a PSU is the seasonic Focus gold, not too expensive yet still decent enough quality to be better than most of the cheaper branded stuff.    Not real big fan of enthusiast promoted PSU's 9unless your an extreme overclocker) as most of them do the job and have similar failure rates.   

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

Yep, it appears a faulty app can cause problems with runtimebroker.   Like a corrupt driver in the games or DX.  Which makes sense given updates fixed the issue earlier.

EDIT:

Also my current recommendation for a PSU is the seasonic Focus gold, not too expensive yet still decent enough quality to be better than most of the cheaper branded stuff.    Not real big fan of enthusiast promoted PSU's 9unless your an extreme overclocker) as most of them do the job and have similar failure rates.   

ok so i disabled runtime broker and it happened again, so i looked up the system logs and it said that runtime broker initiated the power off.... so bizarre.

maybe getting a new PSU is the play here

3 minutes ago, LavishLinc said:

ok so i disabled runtime broker and it happened again, so i looked up the system logs and it said that runtime broker initiated the power off.... so bizarre.

maybe getting a new PSU is the play here

Did you disable it in the registry?  Is windows re starting it?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

yeah, i did the windows+R Regedit and disabled it there.. 

i checked on it again and it said it was disabled but somehow it still was able to initiate a shut down....

Just now, LavishLinc said:

yeah, i did the windows+R Regedit and disabled it there.. 

i checked on it again and it said it was disabled but somehow it still was able to initiate a shut down....

That's got me fucked.  

Just now, mr moose said:

That's got me fucked.  

thats what im thinking too

like how can something that is disabled still initiate a power off????

16 minutes ago, mr moose said:

That's got me fucked.  

Also does anything look out of the ordinary while my pc is idle?

A17EF846-0274-440F-A092-C34C02361E70.jpeg

1 minute ago, LavishLinc said:

Also does anything look out of the ordinary while my pc is idle?

A17EF846-0274-440F-A092-C34C02361E70.jpeg

Nah, that looks fine to me.  Within bulls spit of mine which is an almost Identical system.

desktop.jpg.7505ad69c8eb0ac01f56f58b0116c1ac.jpg

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

Nah, that looks fine to me.  Within bulls spit of mine which is an almost Identical system.

desktop.jpg.7505ad69c8eb0ac01f56f58b0116c1ac.jpg

this is so bizarre, its frustrating the hell out of me. if i go and buy a new power supply and this problem still occurs id be bette off selling my system and then just buying a completely new one lol

2 minutes ago, LavishLinc said:

this is so bizarre, its frustrating the hell out of me. if i go and buy a new power supply and this problem still occurs id be bette off selling my system and then just buying a completely new one lol

Cool up, it will get resolved, nearly all PC problems get resolved.  If it is a software issue then a reinstall should fix it.  If it is a PSU problem then replacing the PSU will fix it.

There is one guarantee in this though,  if you get another PC there will be no guarantees you won't have another problem just as annoying on that one.

Just now, mr moose said:

Cool up, it will get resolved, nearly all PC problems get resolved.  If it is a software issue then a reinstall should fix it.  If it is a PSU problem then replacing the PSU will fix it.

There is one guarantee in this though,  if you get another PC there will be no guarantees you won't have another problem just as annoying on that one.

True. Hopefully with a new psu all this mess gets cleared up 

3 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Could it be that my cpu is set to run at 3.6 and while gaming it’s constantly at 3.9 ish?

16 hours ago, LavishLinc said:

Could it be that my cpu is set to run at 3.6 and while gaming it’s constantly at 3.9 ish?

It should go up as you put it under load. 

16 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Well it’s happened twice since I “disabled” runtime broker so I’m gonna go ahead and order a new psu /:

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

also also could it maybe be that my pc case is a mid size not full so it doesn’t get enough airflow?

3 hours ago, LavishLinc said:

also also could it maybe be that my pc case is a mid size not full so it doesn’t get enough airflow?

I wouldn't have thought so.  If the PSU doesn't work you'll at least have a spare for the future.