Any really good free virus protectors, and programs to monitor computer cup ect...??

They’re always changing.  Every few months someone does a review of them.  They compete quite heavily so the list tends to change each time.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

When I'm helping consumers with their comps I advise Avast Free AV.  Their detection rates got even better after they bought and merged the tech and assets from AVG.  For minor malware stuff there's malwarebytes.  But for free the others would be BitDefender or Avira.

BitDefender if you don't use Firefox as browser. Kaspersky if you do (and aren't tin-foil-hat kinda person).

System monitoring depends bit on what your hardware is. HWmonitor is still good basic one, HWiNFO64 for more advanced stuff. MSI Afterburner works too. Ryzen Master for Ryzen temps.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

BitDefender if you don't use Firefox as browser. Kaspersky if you do (and aren't tin-foil-hat kinda person).

System monitoring depends bit on what your hardware is. HWmonitor is still good basic one, HWiNFO64 for more advanced stuff. MSI Afterburner works too. Ryzen Master for Ryzen temps.

Why no firefox with bitdefender?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Why no firefox with not defender?

Firefox uses some certificate thingy that causes BitDefender to block every site with expired certificates. Including Facebook, Youtube and such. You can't go around it with free version as there's no white listing functionality available. I have paid version, and that is turned off.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Hah!  I’ve run into that problem!  Good to know what it was. Thx :)

I use the Microsoft Defender for years now and it works fine and no problems or heavy use of cpu + it's free.

There are some scanners/protectors that can be very cpu heavy or make some other programs slow or not work.

CPU Intel i7 12700F Motherboard ASUS H670 Wifi RAM Corsair 4X 8GB 3600 MHz GPU ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070

Storage Samsung 980 PRO 1TB | 980 1TB | 970 EVO PLUS 1TB Case Fractal Design Define Compact Tempered Glass Dark

Malwarebytes.   ?

Please quote or tag  @Ben17 if you want to see a reply.

If I don't reply it's probly because I am in a different time zone or haven't seen your message yet but I will reply when I see it ? 

Malwarebytes + windows defender. 

It's awesome because they work together very nicely and I like to have a "second opinion".

And yes I know they're technically not exactly the same,  which is kinda the point.  :)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity