"fasteners" called used to slide hdd into case slots?

amdorintel

what are the "fasteners" used to slide hdd into case slots?

does bestbuy or memoryexpress sell them or do I have to go to fleabay aka ebay which will be a good month wait

next poroblem:

having 2 hard drives with 2 o/s on them, one w7 and one w10

logging into email or steam, they see its a different pc so security authentication comes up and i dont know the answers

email is a very old phone number that i dont use anymore

steam is questions i totally forgot the answers to

i can log into w7 hdd and log in fine, but when converted over to w10 there are issues

what do i do?

a) can i log into accounts using w7, and change email security questions and phone number. then the brings into the situation where i dont want my newest phone number linked to any email. and i see that even creating a new email account they want a tele # to send codes. i use yahoo and hotmail and one other one that i cant think of the name of right now, its a 2nd tier email service, whereas yahoo/hotmail/outlook and the like free email is 1st tier.

b) are there any mainstream free email that dont want tele #'s and i can log into various pc's without security dogging me down?

got me a feeling i will be jumping back and forth between hdd's a lot now.

Those ‘fasteners’ are called rails, just contact the manufacturer of your case and they can provide them. There should be an option when presented with your account recovery questions that says something to the affect of ‘I forgot’ and you’ll be prompted on how to recover you account.

28 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Shouldn't a case come with all the required rails and brackets? Unless it's from NZXT I guess...

First I thought OP wanted a hot swap bay to slide the drive in and out

Y3WEWPO.png

For email there's Tutanota, Proton or the classic AOL

I’m assuming OP misplaced the original rails or trays depending on the chassis’s configuration. I don’t think OP is looking for hot swappable bays but rather something similar to these.

image.thumb.jpeg.69d7cc354a5b4aee666c2ec644df76f9.jpeg

i just require the 4 bolts to screw into the hard drive, two on either side.

from there the bolts slide into part of the case that houses hdd's, that housing can be flipped up to access the ram. Its an oem manufacturer.

The bolts have a bit of rubber to damped vibrations from the hdd spinning.

hard drive screw rails seems to be the term.

or hard drive mounting screws

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.xMO1hWirOF0GisAD6qkBVwHaGW%26pid%3DApi&f=1

What case do you have?  Different cases have different ways of mounting hard drives, and if we know the brand and model of case, someone can find out how it mounts hard drives, and whether it comes with everything needed or extra parts could be obtained.