Should i be worried about youtubes new rules?

iLostMyXbox21

I hope this is the right place. Its been a while since ive been on this forum. 

Im not trying to promote my channel or anything, i just want to know if my channel is at risk

So anyways, my channel has 100 or so subs, and all these new youtube rules and stuff is really freaking me out cause we have these big channels like Game theory talkimg about how them, other youtubers, and even pewdiepie could be deleted. 

Honestly, i dont completely understand what these new rules are doing. And i seriously dont wanna lose my channel but i wanna know if theres a high chance i will, cause if there is, im taking my shit and moving to Twitch or another platform. 

I am not sure how to describe my content, but my channel is the same name as my forum name. Im not asking you to watch my videos or sub or like, i honestly dont care about views or anything like that, i just need yall to read my titles and tell me if it sounds like something that could cause me to get deleted

Sooner i know the better. That way i have time to switch over to ttv or something

ive worked hard on this channel (its not mucj, but its honest work) and i just wanna know if you think im at a high risk of losing it.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

1 minute ago, amdorintel said:

do not worry about the new rules, your post has been posted by numerous people on ltt

I figured it would but i didnt really look around to see

Ive just heard so many people saying"any non child friendly channels are being deleted" or "any channels not making money are being deleted" and im pretty sure my channel is nowhere near child friendly

While I get why you're asking, forums are no place to get any kind of legal advice; if you're that worried about it, do as YouTube said, and consult an attorney.

Moving to Twitch doesn't really change much, pretty sure they're still subject to COPPA.

8 minutes ago, amdorintel said:

do not worry about the new rules, your post has been posted by numerous people on ltt

I wouldn't say don't worry about them, it's worth knowing what you can and can't do.

4 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

I figured it would but i didnt really look around to see

Ive just heard so many people saying"any non child friendly channels are being deleted" or "any channels not making money are being deleted" and im pretty sure my channel is nowhere near child friendly

That's because there's loads of misinformation out there, and a lot of people spouting off about things they clearly don't understand.

The thing people are freaking out about when it comes to "not financially viable" was always there. They just altered the wording slightly.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I think you've ompletely misunderstood what the new rules entail. They wont be outright deleted because of COPPA. COPPA will just demonetise their videos if they are aimed at children.

The deleting because they aren't financially viable and COPPA are serperate issues. so no, i dont think you're in danger of losing your channel, because you're essentially saying that Youtube will stop anyone uploading videos unless you're already a "big player" but you dont get big immediately. iF youtube really did start doing this, then losing your channel is the least of your worries because it means youtube is about to disappear completely 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

That's because there's loads of misinformation out there, and a lot of people spouting off about things they clearly don't understand.

The thing people are freaking out about when it comes to "not financially viable" was always there. They just altered the wording slightly.

Thats where a majority of my.worry comes from. Misinformation. And i know forums arent the technical place to ask, but i figured id ask here instead of getting a lawyer or something involved

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

Let's ask the real questions first: how did you lose your xbox?

Red ring of dropped down the stairs

49 minutes ago, Arika S said:

I think you've ompletely misunderstood what the new rules entail. They wont be outright deleted because of COPPA. COPPA will just demonetise their videos if they are aimed at children.

The deleting because they aren't financially viable and COPPA are serperate issues. so no, i dont think you're in danger of losing your channel, because you're essentially saying that Youtube will stop anyone uploading videos unless you're already a "big player" but you dont get big immediately. iF youtube really did start doing this, then losing your channel is the least of your worries because it means youtube is about to disappear completely 

Thats true. Thank you for taking your time to give me an answer. Makes me feel a bit less worried

46 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

If you are not pedophile, child predator, or child molester on Youtube then don't worry about it. 

Aw man

/s so i dont get swatted

51 minutes ago, Arika S said:

Mmm....kind of. COPPA isn't demonetizing anything. The videos aren't making as much because the ads can't be targeted, thus, the ads are worth less. There will still be ads, and those ads will still make money.

The financially viable part is stuff like, for example, guns, extremist views, etc...things that won't get advertising of any kind.

47 minutes ago, OlympicAssEater said:

If you are not pedophile, child predator, or child molester on Youtube then don't worry about it. 

That's not at all what COPPA is about, or what the issue is at hand, so that's absolutely terrible advice.

Just now, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Thats where a majority of my.worry comes from. Misinformation. And i know forums arent the technical place to ask, but i figured id ask here instead of getting a lawyer or something involved

If you're actually worried about it, this is when you should get a lawyer involved. That's what YouTube has even suggested to you as a creator.

If, for some bizarre reason, your videos get flagged and you get fined, you'll have no one to blame but yourself.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red