Recommendations for Noise Cancelling Headsets

Unilision

Hi LTT forum members,

So I'm here to ask if anyone could personally recommend me a gaming headset, if available, one that has noise-cancelling. With black friday coming up, and I am in Canada to say, I'm looking around the market for something of sorts. My budget is around $300 or so, higher if it's worth it. Preferably wired since I use it throughout the day so wireless would die too often for me to use. Any would be appreciated.

Thank you

I7 4790K • Corsair H110 • MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition • Kingston Fury Hyper X (White)(16GB)(1866Mhz) • Crucial MX 100 512 GB • Seagate Barracuda 1TB • Phantek Enthoo Pro • EVGA G2 750 Watt 

Asus DRW Optical Drive • TP Link Wifi Adapter • Asus MX279H • CM Devastator Bundle (Blue) • Bitfenix Spectre Pro (White) • Windows 8.1

Galax Hall Of Fame 970

Not notice cancelling but they have a good seal so block out a lot of sound passively would be the beyerdynamic custom one pro plus with a vmoda boom pro

Do you need noise cancelling for use at a desk? Most good closed back earphones can lower the sound by about 15 to 25 dB with a good seal. Lots of good wired headphones with great sound stage and a variety of sound signatures for FPS gaming or open world games. Paired with something like the Vmoda boom pro you could have a great headset for under 300$.

I mean something like the Bose QuietComfort 25, and an Antlion Modmic would probably do everything you need easily.

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas

So by noise cancelling, i assume you're asking about active noise-cancelling. For ANC, you will need to have battery in it, so you are only left out with headphones with passive noise blocking.

For pure desk usage, DT770 is perhaps the best option.

For outside / mixed usage, V-moda M100 or crossfade wireless 2

22 hours ago, rice guru said:

Not notice cancelling but they have a good seal so block out a lot of sound passively would be the beyerdynamic custom one pro plus with a vmoda boom pro

Thank you, I'll take a look at them

22 hours ago, Tarun10 said:

Do you need noise cancelling for use at a desk? Most good closed back earphones can lower the sound by about 15 to 25 dB with a good seal. Lots of good wired headphones with great sound stage and a variety of sound signatures for FPS gaming or open world games. Paired with something like the Vmoda boom pro you could have a great headset for under 300$.

If it has a good seal it's fine but yes, it's generally just the amount of sounds around myself it's hard to ignore even while playing something loud, however I can't blast music with my current headset since it leaks noise too much. Thank you, i'll take a look

21 hours ago, GloriousPain said:

I mean something like the Bose QuietComfort 25, and an Antlion Modmic would probably do everything you need easily.

Thank you, I'll look at them

20 hours ago, xtroria said:

So by noise cancelling, i assume you're asking about active noise-cancelling. For ANC, you will need to have battery in it, so you are only left out with headphones with passive noise blocking.

For pure desk usage, DT770 is perhaps the best option.

For outside / mixed usage, V-moda M100 or crossfade wireless 2

ANC or passive, but thank you, I'll look at them !

I7 4790K • Corsair H110 • MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition • Kingston Fury Hyper X (White)(16GB)(1866Mhz) • Crucial MX 100 512 GB • Seagate Barracuda 1TB • Phantek Enthoo Pro • EVGA G2 750 Watt 

Asus DRW Optical Drive • TP Link Wifi Adapter • Asus MX279H • CM Devastator Bundle (Blue) • Bitfenix Spectre Pro (White) • Windows 8.1

Galax Hall Of Fame 970

On 11/23/2019 at 11:40 PM, Unilision said:

Hi LTT forum members,

So I'm here to ask if anyone could personally recommend me a gaming headset, if available, one that has noise-cancelling. With black friday coming up, and I am in Canada to say, I'm looking around the market for something of sorts. My budget is around $300 or so, higher if it's worth it. Preferably wired since I use it throughout the day so wireless would die too often for me to use. Any would be appreciated.

Thank you

This headphone blocks outside noise extremely well. And I will eat my shoe and jump off a cliff if you can find a better headphone for the price:

EDIT: You can literally drive to Visions Electronics and pick them up. They have dozens of pairs that desperately need to be sold. The NAD Viso HP50 is the best headphone nobody heard of. They have an extremely neutral sound with some of the best mids and vocals on any headphone. I don't know why you'd ever buy the DT770 or M40x over these. 

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

This headphone blocks outside noise extremely well. And I will eat my shoe and jump off a cliff if you can find a better headphone for the price:

EDIT: You can literally drive to Visions Electronics and pick them up. They have dozens of pairs that desperately need to be sold. The NAD Viso HP50 is the best headphone nobody heard of. They have an extremely neutral sound with some of the best mids and vocals on any headphone. I don't know why you'd ever buy the DT770 or M40x over these. 

lol your selling them so hard right now I might pick one up just to try it I need a decent closed back headphone anyway. I've seen another guy from canada selling this hard a couple months ago on another forum . Im going to see if any friends have this headphone so I can try it out first though. 

edit: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnd bought a more expensive headphone instead. cause it's $200 off

53 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

I will say I would get the 770 regardless of competitors because I like how it does treble and Bass.I love a good v shaped closed back

2 hours ago, rice guru said:

lol your selling them so hard right now I might pick one up just to try it I need a decent closed back headphone anyway. I've seen another guy from canada selling this hard a couple months ago on another forum . Im going to see if any friends have this headphone so I can try it out first though. 

edit: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnd bought a more expensive headphone instead. cause it's $200 off

LMAO. I'd like to go back to Canada just for 1h, no more. Just so that I can go back to Visions and get Tim Horton's coffee and good weed. 

7 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

LMAO. I'd like to go back to Canada just for 1h, no more. Just so that I can go back to Visions and get Tim Horton's coffee and good weed. 

timmies coffee turned to shit  but weed is good

1 minute ago, rice guru said:

timmies coffee turned to shit  but weed is good

Coffee in Paris isn't very good either ?, unless you go to a Hipster café and pay 5 euro for a flat white.

Just now, kokakolia said:

Coffee in Paris isn't very good either ?, unless you go to a Hipster café and pay 5 euro for a flat white.

really out of all placesI'd expect to get decent coffee for cheap

4 minutes ago, rice guru said:

really out of all placesI'd expect to get decent coffee for cheap

French coffee is bitter black sludge like Espresso. But they use the most awful robusta bean.

EDIT: but hey! There are plenty of jobs in Paris if you work in construction. I can't say the same about Canada... They'll give you a phone, car and laptop. And it's one of the prettiest cities in the world! But weed is illegal and coffee sucks. 

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

French coffee is bitter black sludge like Espresso. But they use the most awful robusta bean.

EDIT: but hey! There are plenty of jobs in Paris if you work in construction. I can't say the same about Canada... They'll give you a phone, car and laptop. And it's one of the prettiest cities in the world! But weed is illegal and coffee sucks. 

not interested almost failed highschool french,  I like my job and living in cottage country the scenery aint bad either

On 11/25/2019 at 7:55 AM, kokakolia said:

Yeah, so I got the Nad HP 50 today, ngl, loving it. Just need to buy a v-moda boom pro with this and it'll be perfect, tyty

Galax Hall Of Fame 970

5 hours ago, Unilision said:

Yeah, so I got the Nad HP 50 today, ngl, loving it. Just need to buy a v-moda boom pro with this and it'll be perfect, tyty

YASSS! Finally someone who listens to me!!

On 11/26/2019 at 2:25 AM, kokakolia said:

Try coffee in china, especially a place called liking coffee. It isn't the great, but for 15rmb ($2 ish) you can get a half decent coffee delivered to your home

I bet you never thought you'd be jealous of China lol.

3 hours ago, Prof. Lucifer said:

Try coffee in china, especially a place called liking coffee. It isn't the great, but for 15rmb ($2 ish) you can get a half decent coffee delivered to your home

I bet you never thought you'd be jealous of China lol.

I am jelly of China to the max. They have the best food for cheap. Night markets are a thing of beauty. I know it's a whole different country, but I used to live in Malaysia and I traveled around SE Asia while I was there.