Ryzen 2400g vega 11 driver blue screen of death

Calling John

built this pc september last year had no problems since last year i updated the video driver 2 time that year then this year around April i upgraded the driver and i would get bsod after a while playing a game or watching youtube or a playing a video  :( i went back to 19.6.3 driver and i did not get blue screen of death then a newer driver came out it was newer then the one i had installed before that would give me bsod i installed it but got bsod problem again :( so i went back to 19.6.3 driver i have used since may i think and i play games for hrs and do video editing ect no problems at all

there is a driver update 19.11.3 but i am scared to update drivers as i might get bsod

anybody know what may be causing the bsod problem with drivers never then 19.6.3?

Whenever I update my drivers my games run automatically way worse so I just don't do it. 

Currently NV driver is about a year old and works *perfect* for the games I'm playing (even new ones ironically)

Well all you can do is try it out and DDU if you're getting issues. 

Why exactly do you want to update though? 

Never change a winning team is my motto personally!  :)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

51 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Whenever I update my drivers my games run automatically way worse so I just don't do it. 

Currently NV driver is about a year old and works *perfect* for the games I'm playing (even new ones ironically)

Well all you can do is try it out and DDU if you're getting issues. 

Why exactly do you want to update though? 

Never change a winning team is my motto personally!  :)

fortnite is telling me to update if i want to use detect x 12

Just now, Calling John said:

fortnite is telling me to update if i want to use detect x 12

Uh, ok I see, but you really should do some research then before anything else,  most games (as in the vast majority) run worse with dx 12, but there are exceptions,  so it might be worth it for that game   idk 

In any case you could always just "risk it" and if it goes wrong DDU + re install your old drivers - though make sure you actually have them before doing that! 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

• 2 months later...
On 11/22/2019 at 10:03 PM, Mark Kaine said:

Uh, ok I see, but you really should do some research then before anything else,  most games (as in the vast majority) run worse with dx 12, but there are exceptions,  so it might be worth it for that game   idk 

In any case you could always just "risk it" and if it goes wrong DDU + re install your old drivers - though make sure you actually have them before doing that! 

ok so i decided to keep old drivers because i was not having problems in other games and decided to just run fortnite in direct x 11 but just the other day i tried to play roblox again and its say this

1.jpg

it was fine when i played it like 2 weeks ago

did googling for like an hour and now im told this driver should work better with amd apu win10-64bit-radeon-software-adrenalin-2019-edition-19.2.3-march7 so im trying this hope i don't get bsod