Is it a good upgrade for VR?

So I've been looking to upgrade my CPU to something new that can support things like M.2 and with a smaller architecture. I've had my eyes on the Ryzen 3600 because of it's price to performance and for most gaming scenarios, it seems to beat out my 4790k. But I'm not entirely sure on things like VR. So I'm curious if anyone can help shed some light on this choice so I can make the best choice.

23 minutes ago, Jonny1073 said:

So I've been looking to upgrade my CPU to something new that can support things like M.2 and with a smaller architecture. I've had my eyes on the Ryzen 3600 because of it's price to performance and for most gaming scenarios, it seems to beat out my 4790k. But I'm not entirely sure on things like VR. So I'm curious if anyone can help shed some light on this choice so I can make the best choice.

A hexacore R5 3600 would annihilate a 4790k and is more than enough for VR gaming. What are you thinking as far as a graphics card?

9 minutes ago, steelo said:

A hexacore R5 3600 would annihilate a 4790k and is more than enough for VR gaming. What are you thinking as far as a graphics card?

I have a 1060 Founders edition at the moment and it is fine for the Rift S which I currently use for vr. And from what I understand, a 1060 and 3600 will pair pretty well together for most uses.

21 minutes ago, Jonny1073 said:

I have a 1060 Founders edition at the moment and it is fine for the Rift S which I currently use for vr. And from what I understand, a 1060 and 3600 will pair pretty well together for most uses.

Definitely and a 3600 will give you room to upgrade to something like a 5700XT or GTX2070. I've found VR really doesn't utilize the CPU as much as it does the GPU. I have a 4C/8T and 1st gen Oculus and rarely see it above 50% while VR gaming.