What's the best cpu for gaming and streaming at 1080p 144hz?

2 minutes ago, Rui Xavier said:

what gpu do you have and what games do you play?

rtx 2070, iplay fortnite bfv, shadow tomb raider , gta 5, pubg, cod

8 minutes ago, Rui Xavier said:

That actually makes sense because if the 9700k uses 100% it loads everything faster and smoother

That's not really how it works, it's just the game wants 8 cores or more and the 9700K only has 8, so it'll use them all. That's only ever an issue if you get stuttering and such in your games though, if you don't then you're fine. Depends on title too, not all games actually use all of each core. Destiny 2 can take up to 20 cores/threads, but on my 8c/16t CPUs it sits at like 30-40% usage on each core, doesn't use 100% of each one. Just differences in how games are built and varies from title to title.

Btw thanks for explaining me the advantages of the r7 3700x now ill definetly go for it

No prob! Should be an excellent CPU, what price range were you thinking for a mobo for it? 

Btw if then you want to play together im available at any time to play overwatch Dead by daylight fortnite minecraft apex, etc

Ah lol I mostly play Destiny 2 with some friends and then single player games, rn I'm slowly playing through Fallen Order and just working on my PCs and such. 

5 minutes ago, Faith7 said:

are the cpu designed to run at stick 100 and the gpu at 30 ?  in all games ? you can see here the proof is not 1 peson with the same problem its alot 

What games, what mobo, what setup, what cooler, what temps? 

Just now, Faith7 said:

5 min on bf 5 cpu 100 

Aight so one:
100% load is NOT bad for CPUs

unless you're getting stuttering, then it's an issue. 

Two: 

Battlefield 1 and especially V are known to have high usage and bully lower core count CPUs. Same with Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Origin and such. If you're still getting good performance then there's no issues. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

That's not really how it works, it's just the game wants 8 cores or more and the 9700K only has 8, so it'll use them all. That's only ever an issue if you get stuttering and such in your games though, if you don't then you're fine. Depends on title too, not all games actually use all of each core. Destiny 2 can take up to 20 cores/threads, but on my 8c/16t CPUs it sits at like 30-40% usage on each core, doesn't use 100% of each one. Just differences in how games are built and varies from title to title.

No prob! Should be an excellent CPU, what price range were you thinking for a mobo for it? 

Ah lol I mostly play Destiny 2 with some friends and then single player games, rn I'm slowly playing through Fallen Order and just working on my PCs and such. 

Aight so one:

Two: 

Battlefield 1 and especially V are known to have high usage and bully lower core count CPUs. Same with Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Origin and such. If you're still getting good performance then there's no issues. 

if 100 cpu and 30 gpu is not bad for you ,is ok ,but for me its not 

1 minute ago, Faith7 said:

if 100 cpu and 30 gpu is not bad for you ,is ok ,but for me its not 

That sounds like a problem with your setup or settings tbh. I could get 6-70% usage on two SLI 1080s at 1080p with an i5 8600K, 99% usage on both at 1440p or 4K (SLI 1080s in properly scaling games are so OP that the CPU actually bottlenecked them at 1080p and still blasted out well over 144fps). CPU was usually around 100% usage IIRC, due to being a 6c/6t CPU and not having cores just sitting around not doing much to bring the overall usage down.

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

6 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Aight so one:

Two: 

Dude the only reason why im not playing fallen order is because of my cpu
What do you think about the game?

Just now, Rui Xavier said:

Dude the only reason why im not playing fallen order is because of my cpu
What do you think about the game?

Whaaaaaaat? I'm running on 2560x1080 at all max settings, haven't seen a single fps drop (I don't have a counter up though and drops aren't as noticeable in this type of game as in a first person shooter). And I run a 1660 Ti, your 2060 is a lot faster. 

As for thoughts on the game:

• combat is solid, parry-based with a focus on breaking your opponents defense then killing them in 1-2 hits
  • difficulty is great, all tiers only shorten the parry window and increase enemy damage and aggressiveness, never buff their health so there's no "bullet sponge" type enemies. Can easily swap difficulties too if you come across an enemy type you can't beat (I had issues with rocket troopers, don't deal well with groups of enemies + AoE attacks). Once you get better at combat you can just slap the difficulty back up. Oh! There's really cool and smooth finisher moves too. 
  • it's gorgeous. Like... dropped in an actual Star Wars movie good. Facial animations aren't like flawless but you don't focus on those anyways. Animations are extremely well done, environments and vistas jaw dropping, textures are really really reaaaaally damn good, it's all round an extremely well built game. 
  • I've been playing on an Xbox controller like the game recommends, gameplay is hella nice and I'm not the best with controllers for much other than racing games.
  • There's a couple skins you can get with the deluxe edition ($10 more than base) or if you have Origin Access, other than that there's no MTX of any kind that I've seen yet. Finding skins and lightsaber parts is as easy as just... exploring the world, you find them in little crates all around the place. 
  • Navigation is pretty cool, seen some complaints about the map but it's pretty good IMO. Most of the time you get blocked off from backtracking the same way you came, forces you to actually explore the maps even more. Tons of shortcuts, and boxes and secret doors I can't open till I get better force powers or a special tool, so there's reasons to come back too.
  • Platforming is really fun, though some stuff was tricky for me to figure out, I usually try and do it 3-5 times before I start googling solutions lol. Mostly just brain derps on my part because I'm tired from work, lol. 
  • My god... the lightsaber. It's so beautiful. Used as both a weapon and a flashlight, it's lit perfectly, the way it looks is exactly how you'd expect a lightsaber to. Can customize it too, everything from blade color, various parts, and the base material it's made from. 
  • Force powers I can't speak much on, so far I just have the basic kylo-style freeze thing, lol. Is hella useful for both exploring and combat though. 
  • So far the story has been pretty damn good IMO, really like all the characters. 
  • Overall sound design and music backing is very good, I play on my ultrawide and good lord it's immersive. As stated at first, it's like being dropped in a Star Wars movie. 

I've played uh... maybe 3 hours so far? Safe to say I really really like the game, lol. 

Main PC 

17 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Whaaaaaaat? I'm running on 2560x1080 at all max settings, haven't seen a single fps drop (I don't have a counter up though and drops aren't as noticeable in this type of game as in a first person shooter). And I run a 1660 Ti, your 2060 is a lot faster. 

As for thoughts on the game:

• combat is solid, parry-based with a focus on breaking your opponents defense then killing them in 1-2 hits
  • difficulty is great, all tiers only shorten the parry window and increase enemy damage and aggressiveness, never buff their health so there's no "bullet sponge" type enemies. Can easily swap difficulties too if you come across an enemy type you can't beat (I had issues with rocket troopers, don't deal well with groups of enemies + AoE attacks). Once you get better at combat you can just slap the difficulty back up. Oh! There's really cool and smooth finisher moves too. 
  • it's gorgeous. Like... dropped in an actual Star Wars movie good. Facial animations aren't like flawless but you don't focus on those anyways. Animations are extremely well done, environments and vistas jaw dropping, textures are really really reaaaaally damn good, it's all round an extremely well built game. 
  • I've been playing on an Xbox controller like the game recommends, gameplay is hella nice and I'm not the best with controllers for much other than racing games.
  • There's a couple skins you can get with the deluxe edition ($10 more than base) or if you have Origin Access, other than that there's no MTX of any kind that I've seen yet. Finding skins and lightsaber parts is as easy as just... exploring the world, you find them in little crates all around the place. 
  • Navigation is pretty cool, seen some complaints about the map but it's pretty good IMO. Most of the time you get blocked off from backtracking the same way you came, forces you to actually explore the maps even more. Tons of shortcuts, and boxes and secret doors I can't open till I get better force powers or a special tool, so there's reasons to come back too.
  • Platforming is really fun, though some stuff was tricky for me to figure out, I usually try and do it 3-5 times before I start googling solutions lol. Mostly just brain derps on my part because I'm tired from work, lol. 
  • My god... the lightsaber. It's so beautiful. Used as both a weapon and a flashlight, it's lit perfectly, the way it looks is exactly how you'd expect a lightsaber to. Can customize it too, everything from blade color, various parts, and the base material it's made from. 
  • Force powers I can't speak much on, so far I just have the basic kylo-style freeze thing, lol. Is hella useful for both exploring and combat though. 
  • So far the story has been pretty damn good IMO, really like all the characters. 
  • Overall sound design and music backing is very good, I play on my ultrawide and good lord it's immersive. As stated at first, it's like being dropped in a Star Wars movie. 

I've played uh... maybe 3 hours so far? Safe to say I really really like the game, lol. 

yes my rtx 2060 is better but my i3 7100 lags on basicly everything i cant even play bf5 on low at a stable 60fps

Btw now that you said all that im even more excited to play the game