Samsung Q2U on Behringer Q802USB not working, help please!

GertaiusTheLich

So i should preface this with some info:
   I stream and do all that what done good business, I'm the equivalent of a caveman using a light bulb when it comes to technical stuff and i tend to prefer simpler thing's that i can have an understanding with.

That being said, i've used a mixer similar to the Behringer Q802usb before and i understand to a very limited degree how mixers work and the likes. 

However once I bought it and it arrived, i hooked everything up, it got power, pc is detecting it in my systems, i take my cord plug one end into my mic the other into the mixer and!

Nothing.

For whatever reason neither the mic, or the channel on the mixer lit up confirming that they where connected and working together, the mixer briefly flashed saying it knew something plugged in..but then nothing. 

I hit the button for phantom power, assuming that was the issue, there was no change. I have the proper drivers for the Q802USB installed, same for my Samsung Q2U...and i'm at a loss. 

My only thought is maybe my cord is faulty?

Pic of what the mixer looks like all hooked up with my mic plugged in. (note: the phantom power is off in the pic cause i got concerned after briefly seeing on a site while i was trying to google the problem that mentioned leaving phantom power on when its not doing anything can be bad for a mic)

76717408_2435576896700472_497658453293006848_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_oc=AQm-f_nOsXrtVzlrSeny-7evnQSqYK9uXqKXWuiIAsoQwA2sjzEpv-gYHa6XLeBeq55TvJJmDO-_fwEOf6AbyPSA&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=5ca8e45a3877f9d7b2762f0fe16e05bb&oe=5E7DD901

A slight update to this i did get a new cord and hooked it in, still the same issue.