Extension cables with regular cables?

Cmdr Sheploo

Background: I have an EVGA power supply and the cables that come with it. I also have a set of Asiahorse extension cables (designed for any PSU, of course).

Issue: Motherboard supplemental CPU power is an 8+4 header. The set of extensions only comes with an 8-pin EPS.

Question: Is it okay to have the 8-pin header connected by extension and the +4 header connected by standard PSU cable?

Final part came in today and I'm starting my build in a couple of hours so definitely curious about this.

Yes it's ok.

Just don't mix and match GPU & CPU extensions.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

2 minutes ago, keskparane said:

Yes it's ok.

Just don't mix and match GPU & CPU extensions.

Definitely not. The extensions should be keyed and I know better than to mix up the PSU cables.

1 minute ago, Cmdr Sheploo said:

Definitely not. The extensions should be keyed and I know better than to mix up the PSU cables.

They are keyed but I believe I read once that one of them will fit into the other. I can't remember which and have never tried though. Just thought I'd add the word of warning.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

1 minute ago, keskparane said:

They are keyed but I believe I read once that one of them will fit into the other. I can't remember which and have never tried though. Just thought I'd add the word of warning.

I spent enough and waited long enough I'm going to triple check everything I do. But thanks for the warning regardless!