Can't remove outbound rule from firewall

Ieviathan

So I've blocked a program just to test if it can access the auth server anymore and now I can't remove the rule... I've created an outbound rule for it but when I go to Outbound Rules it's not there, instead it's in "firewall" and no option to remove it. Creating a new rule allowing the program through the firewall doesn't do anything

fw.png

If you right-click on the rule, do you not see options to Disable or Delete? If you right-click on other rules do you see those options?

My first guess is, make sure you open that Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security app as Administrator (right-click from Start Menu and choose that option).

If that doesn't do it, then I am not sure, I haven't seen that before. Let me know what happens when you try to delete, that might help. You might also try using the PowerShell command to remove the rule (make sure you open PowerShell as Admin).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/netsecurity/remove-netfirewallrule?view=win10-ps

If all else fails, you might just need to restart the Windows Firewall service (or just reboot).