Help me choose parts for my new pc.

1 minute ago, AbdulAziz113 said:

@Plouffe hey can you reccomend me any other mobo, because i cant find the one that was in the originak build, maybe it is not available in my country i dunno

What B450 boards are available for you?

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

3 minutes ago, AbdulAziz113 said:

@Plouffe hey can you reccomend me any other mobo, because i cant find the one that was in the originak build, maybe it is not available in my country i dunno

Can you find any MSI B450 MAX motherboard ? There are 4 : Tomahawk (more expensive), A-PRO (but you can't find it), Gaming PLUS and Mortar (mATX).

2 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Can you find any MSI B450 MAX motherboard ? There are 4 : Tomahawk (more expensive), A-PRO (but you can't find it), Gaming PLUS and Mortar (mATX).

@Plouffe that it?

Screenshot_20191120-111504_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, Plouffe said:

Yes but it looks really expensive, thout I don't know what money this is.

@plouffe it is 120 euros

16 minutes ago, AbdulAziz113 said:

@GoldenLag at first i was thinking of buying two Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB DDR4 2666MHz but now i am just even more confused and i dont know

There are a few differences between AMD and intel.  AMD has lower clocks but better and more threads.  Intel used to beat AMD but lately its intel at the high end, even in the middle with AMD gaining more and more advantage as things go lower.  This build is low middle so AMD wins.  The chips like different things.  AMD likes fast memory.  Needs it. 2666 is slow. 3000 low cas is good. 3200 low cas is better, but you can’t get what you can’t get. 

@GoldenLag is right about the PSU tier list and the motherboard.  He seems to hate my guts, and I apologize about the arguing.  I won’t  stand there and take that stuff though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

There are a few differences between AMD and intel.  AMD has lower clocks but better and more threads.  Intel used to beat AMD but lately its intel at the high end, even in the middle with AMD gaining more and more advantage as things go lower.  This build is low middle so AMD wins.  The chips like different things.  AMD likes fast memory.  Needs it. 2666 is slow. 3000 low cas is good. 3200 low cas is better, but you can’t get what you can’t get. 

@GoldenLag is right about the PSU tier list and the motherboard.  He seems to hate my guts, and I apologize about the arguing.  I won’t  stand there and take that stuff though.

@Bombastinator sooo i have to basically ask someone to make a build for me

2 minutes ago, AbdulAziz113 said:

@plouffe it is 120 euros

Well it's 115€ in France so a little overpriced but it's the best one of the MAX.

Just now, Plouffe said:

Well it's 115€ in France so a little overpriced but it's the best one of the MAX.

@Plouffe Je peux parlez français ahahhah

He seems to hate my guts,

um what?

i just take issue with your statements which are in my eyes, and apperantly @dizmo `s eyes, missleading. 

Just now, AbdulAziz113 said:

wouldnt be a terrible idea, but plouffe has made a pretty good outline. 

i can give some directions for components if the usual dont excist in your market. 

Just now, Plouffe said:

Let's talk in English though for the others :P

@Plouffe ok but i think that 125 euros is kinda expensive. Isnt there a good mobo for around 80 euros. Or something like that

13 minutes ago, AbdulAziz113 said:

@Skipple the first 7 that i sent to you

do you have the B450m AC from ASrock for sale?

you can also just aim for a B450 Max board that has a VRM heatsink.  

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

um what?

i just take issue with your statements which are in my eyes, and apperantly @dizmo `s eyes, missleading. 

wouldnt be a terrible idea, but plouffe has made a pretty good outline. 

i can give some directions for components if the usual dont excist in your market. 

@GoldenLag yeah that will be great because in my country the whole build comes out with like almost 100 euros more which then hits around 900 euros, and thats kinda out of my budget. Also in his build the mobo is available on my country and even if it is it costs around 150 euros and it is also super hard to find a gtx 1660 super.

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

do you have the B450m AC from ASrock for sale?

you can also just aim for a B450 Max board that has a VRM heatsink.  

@GoldenLag that it?

Screenshot_20191120-112856_Chrome.jpg

Also in his build the mobo is available on my country and even if it is it costs around 150 euros and it is also super hard to find a gtx 1660 super.

so pricing for gtx 1660s is worse than the ti?

also did you find the B450m AC from ASrock?

@GoldenLag that it?

no that there is the Pro4. same board but without the correct BIOS. 

the Biosissue can be avoided if you either order a bootkit, or you have a store or friend that is willing to help you update the Bios. 

1 minute ago, AbdulAziz113 said:

@GoldenLag yeah that will be great because in my country the whole build comes out with like almost 100 euros more which then hits around 900 euros, and thats kinda out of my budget. Also in his build the mobo is available on my country and even if it is it costs around 150 euros and it is also super hard to find a gtx 1660 super.

Can you use amazon.fr without paying the transportation fee ? I'm pretty sure you can't but if it's available it will be the price I gave ;) 

1 hour ago, GoldenLag said:

to the developer making a game, its indeed not a 8 core console. neither is the xbox one. part of Ram and certain cores are not avavible. 

i mean thats willfully missreading what i wrote, but sure. i cant stop you. 

you mean x86 with the AMD64 64 bit extencion?

they went x86 for development reasons. i guess you can call that "ports", but a lot of developers make games for more than 1 platform. 

it is, i can also count. but 4 cores with no-ht is still playabel with the exception of some developer misstakes like RDR2. there are so many quadcores on the market, a developer cannot afford to alienate that section of their userbase. 

Re: cores

so ps5/Scarlett will be between 12-16 threads.  Interesting. I didn’t know that.  I considered jaguar to be an 8 core chip. They need a lot of core for OS, but that’s their business.  Doesn’t change my point.

Re: misrepresentation

Yes that’s the point. I actually said it was misrepresentation. It was an example of what you were doing.  I’m glad we agree.

re: x86 tomato tomato.  We agree.

re: 4 cores you’re repeating yourself. RDR2 isn’t the only one.  There used to be zero. I think you misunderstand who the base is when a new console comes out.  The base is the people with the money in their hands.  Maybe this one will be different from the last 3 times.  I don’t think it will though.  We will know when it happens.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 minutes ago, Plouffe said:

Can you use amazon.fr without paying the transportation fee ? I'm pretty sure you can't but if it's available it will be the price I gave ;) 

@Plouffe well i cant, but the transportation fee is like 10 euros so it is not a problem, however the case that you sent me and the gpu are nov available in amazon.fr.

5 minutes ago, AbdulAziz113 said:

@Plouffe well i cant, but the transportation fee is like 10 euros so it is not a problem, however the case that you sent me and the gpu are nov available in amazon.fr.

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07ZPM2BVR?tag=pcp09-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

with

https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/product/N622FT/cooler-master-masterbox-mb511-atx-mid-tower-case-mcb-b511d-kann-s00

The total price should stay the same

13 minutes ago, AbdulAziz113 said:

I don’t know how to make pcpartpicker do euros :/  all I can do is dollars.  The tomahawk max board is very nice.  More than you need maybe. Good power.  You can put a 39xx cpu in it if you don’t overclock.  It will last. You’re getting good advice.  I lack the skills to do it right in this instance.  Others here seem to have them.  

I don’t know how to make pcpartpicker do euros :/  all I can do is dollars.  The tomahawk max board is very nice.  More than you need maybe. Good power.  You can put a 39xx cpu in it if you don’t overclock.  It will last. You’re getting good advice.  I lack the skills to do it right in this instance.  Others here seem to have them.  

Upper right, you can chose the country ;) 

https://fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/