GPU with i7 7700k

LittoBud
Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,
6 minutes ago, LittoBud said:

what gpu I should pair with a 7700k, which is the most my motherboard can have

Do you mean to say you already have this CPU or that you will purchase it in the future? If you don't have it, you could probably get some better value.

As for graphics card, the 7700K is still a high end gaming CPU so feel free to go nuts with the graphics card. You can get a used 1080 ti wit that budget, or a new 2070 super

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/88drxr/evga-geforce-rtx-2070-super-8-gb-black-gaming-video-card-08g-p4-3071-kr

I’m looking at what gpu I should pair with a 7700k, which is the most my motherboard can have.  I’m gonna play in 1080p.  My budget is around $500.

GPU with i7 7700k
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA Z170XP LGA 1151

6 minutes ago, LittoBud said:

what gpu I should pair with a 7700k, which is the most my motherboard can have

Do you mean to say you already have this CPU or that you will purchase it in the future? If you don't have it, you could probably get some better value.

As for graphics card, the 7700K is still a high end gaming CPU so feel free to go nuts with the graphics card. You can get a used 1080 ti wit that budget, or a new 2070 super

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/88drxr/evga-geforce-rtx-2070-super-8-gb-black-gaming-video-card-08g-p4-3071-kr

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Why, just why 2070 Super? It's Full HD. Grab RX 5700 or 5700 XT, if you want more FPS and you have 144Hz/240Hz screen.

36 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I don’t have the 7700k yet, but my motherboard only supports up to the 7700k.

My advice: don't stick to the motherboard. Very good B450 AMD boards are like 100-120 USD and you can put Ryzen 5 3600 or Ryzen 5 3700X there easily.

3 minutes ago, LittoBud said:

I don’t have the 7700k yet, but my motherboard only supports up to the 7700k.

the 7700K is really expensive on the used market, the convenience of not having to upgrade your motherboard doesn't seem very worth it because you can usually get so much more. Unless you can get a sub $200 7700K on ebay, I highly suggest you consider selling your motherboard and buying a Ryzen CPU instead, because around $190 you can get a 6 core Ryzen 5 3600 and then an inexpensive B450 board will carry you the rest of the way. Even the ASRock B450M/AC, an $85 board, can max out a 6 core CPU.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad