Power supply compatiblity

Shadow_Storm56

So after Evga would not honor my warranty I said ok I am going back to the PSU teir list and going with a different company and differant psu, I found this one https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00U6GTONM?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1

and it looks like a really nice one that is also on sale. The only thing I am wondering is what are the chances that the cables from the EVGA supernova 1000p2 would be compatiable with the modular hookups on this psu? So I don't have to rewire my entire pc and because my exsisting ones look better? I usually find them cross compatiable but I did blow up some hard drives once a few years ago because the new drive had a different pin layout on the sata power portion of the PSU. 

Also to add to this I know it is at the top of the teir list and looks like a great psu but do any of you have this psu and if so what do you think of it? I know I ask alot of questions somtimes but I do really appreciate the help a person can get on this website  :) 

1 minute ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

The only thing I am wondering is what are the chances that the cables from the EVGA supernova 1000p2 would be compatiable with the modular hookups on this psu?

They are not compatible.

So I don't have to rewire my entire pc and because my exsisting ones look better?

Don't be lazy. Takes only 60 seconds to route the cables in the case.

Only use the cables that come with the power supply or ones that are designed to work with that power supply.

I usually find them cross compatiable but I did blow up some hard drives once a few years ago because the new drive had a different pin layout on the sata power portion of the PSU.

?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

They are not compatible.

Don't be lazy. Takes only 60 seconds to route the cables in the case.

Only use the cables that come with the power supply or ones that are designed to work with that power supply.

?

To be honest it's mainly the GPU power cables I want compatiable because they are really nice looking...... also yea years ago I replaced a power supply, used the same cables from the last one and I think it was even the same brand but everything worked except it blew up the hard drive. Well if they are not compatiabled I will replace them and if the GPU power cable does fit in ill have to check over the pins carefully to see if it will fit... unless I can get a nice looking cable kit for this psu? 

EVGA wouldn't honor your warranty? I find that strange... Based on my experience they've always been very accommodating. Did you damage your PSU in some way?

12 minutes ago, Ehmc130 said:

EVGA wouldn't honor your warranty? I find that strange... Based on my experience they've always been very accommodating. Did you damage your PSU in some way?

no it got badly corroded on the back side of the board, I opened it with the thought that it was likely a 10 cent fuse that I could fix myself and then when I saw the board I was like oh yea this thing is done for..... We had some terrible humidity in the last few summers and this does not run a fan at idle so that must have caused it to sweat. They were like well you opened it so even though it is for sure not damage caused by you opeing it we are not able to give warranty so they are not on my list of companies not to buy from. 

10 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

no it got badly corroded on the back side of the board, I opened it with the thought that it was likely a 10 cent fuse that I could fix myself and then when I saw the board I was like oh yea this thing is done for..... We had some terrible humidity in the last few summers and this does not run a fan at idle so that must have caused it to sweat. They were like well you opened it so even though it is for sure not damage caused by you opening it we are not able to give warranty so they are not on my list of companies not to buy from. 

I see, makes sense then. You could ask them to discount a replacement for you if you want another one. They might help you out. 

15 minutes ago, Ehmc130 said:

I see, makes sense then. You could ask them to discount a replacement for you if you want another one. They might help you out. 

naw I just bought from a different company, corsair makes nice power supplies. This to me is one of thoes things whare they are looking for any reason to not honor a warranty so I don't like that. Plus I like the features corsair has. 

3 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

naw I just bought from a different company, corsair makes nice power supplies. This to me is one of thoes things whare they are looking for any reason to not honor a warranty so I don't like that. Plus I like the features corsair has. 

Hey what ever works for you, but it's pretty common knowledge that once you open a PSU your warranty is gone. 

3 minutes ago, Ehmc130 said:

Hey what ever works for you, but it's pretty common knowledge that once you open a PSU your warranty is gone. 

sure it is, but it's still really stupid considering 9 times outta 10 it is somthing that a person can fix in a few seconds and in this case it was catastrophic failure so it once again makes no sense. I have actually delt with quite of few places that were like well it's obvious you did not cause the fault by opening it so all is good.