Quake 2 won't OpenGL or fullscreen

Go to solution Solved by Eric Kazer,

Yamagi Patch. Works on GOG and Steam Versions. Easiest way to find it is on Steam. Windows 10 will block it. So, continue anyway after more info and install it into the appropriate folder. I will include the folder with thew Self extractor extension. Sorry, can't file is too big. File is 269 MB, LTT only allows 20MB. I did try.  

Here is the link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/00t0plbmn66u55k/Quake%20II%20Patch.exe?dl=0

Hope this helps anyone with the quake 2 problem with fullscreen. This brings you to Steam page right before you leave to download the extension. after downloading, extract to the quake2 folder using the extension. You will need to know where Quake II folder is.

Patch works in Windows 10 on GOG and Steam installations. Also has music. Awesome patch.

Hi,

Running Windows 10 64 bit and can't get the GOG version of Quake 2 to run in fullscreen on my laptop. does anyone know haw to get opengl support and fullscreen support? Intel 4000 is only option.

Yamagi Patch. Works on GOG and Steam Versions. Easiest way to find it is on Steam. Windows 10 will block it. So, continue anyway after more info and install it into the appropriate folder. I will include the folder with thew Self extractor extension. Sorry, can't file is too big. File is 269 MB, LTT only allows 20MB. I did try.  

Here is the link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/00t0plbmn66u55k/Quake%20II%20Patch.exe?dl=0

Hope this helps anyone with the quake 2 problem with fullscreen. This brings you to Steam page right before you leave to download the extension. after downloading, extract to the quake2 folder using the extension. You will need to know where Quake II folder is.

Patch works in Windows 10 on GOG and Steam installations. Also has music. Awesome patch.

I have used this patch on everything.Works with Intel integrated graphics too.