2080ti or 3080ti?

Whackywheels

I currently have a 1080ti in my system, do you think I should wait it out and get nvlink 3080ti's around next july or buy nvlink 2080ti's now?

15 hours ago, Aimi said:

Do you really need either of those cards? I use a 1080 Ti and it's still an excellent card.

some people just like the implementation of ray tracing. 

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

10 minutes ago, Whackywheels said:

I currently have a 1080ti in my system, do you think I should wait it out and get nvlink 3080ti's around next july or buy nvlink 2080ti's now?

you need to explain to us what you use your system for

otherwise any response is meaningless

an example would be should i buy a small truck or a commercial big rig truck, not knowing what you will use the truck for is meaningless to give a response.

if you are a user that always like the 1st to buy the newest and most powerfull cards and maybe a push in raytracing fps, yeah wait the 3080ti or how they will call it!

If you are a user that just wants to upgrade to more power then go buy the 2080ti.

By the time you wait for the 3080ti though AMD may have announce an RTX model propably? you may have more options then.

Its all in your pocket, and anxiety to buy.

RTX effects will be more on that later version due to architecture change & the usual upgrades like memory capacity & power draw & such, I suggest that if you already have a powerful "gaming"  hardware , best to wait it out a couple more months till 2020 march end.

Details separate people.

NVLink you mean SLI? It's worthless with these cards.. Secondly, there is literally 0 information, even leaks, on 3080ti. This is like guessing on whats the weather will be like same day next year.