Open-Frame Hacintosh

winvirii

I kinda of laughed, to myself, when I saw Linus starting to build a LC HacPro; because over the last few months I have been slowly working on a LC Hacintosh Build. I set out trying to source a as many of the parts, as I could, from China (taobao is super happy with me about that), lol. its not quite done; but figured I would share.

20191023_142333.jpg

20191023_142350.jpg

20191023_142359.jpg

20191023_142426.jpg

20191031_115308.jpg

20191031_120255.jpg

20191023_142314.jpg

20191023_142323.jpg

Honestly, before this, I haven't built a serious Hacintosh in probably about 9 years (last time I did chameleon was still the preferred bootloader), I did rebuild a a Xeon 5450 Frankenbox like 2 years ago; I just used unibeast to get that installing (El Capitian) and them did a vanilla clover and configured it. This was a little more convoluted as the Mobo is one of those Chinese Jingsha X79 mobo's (though I would say its one of the better designed ones), which documentation is NIL and they don't really have consistency in software (stuff like bios) or even chipsets (recovered chipsets). So I kinda poked around; they are very popular in the Russian PC enthusiast realm, and I gleaned some info from them on what DSDT patches, bootloader options (and values) and kexts they were seeing success with, I ripped a copy of the DSDT to text and started tinkering. Ultimately I used the mac installers built in bin to create a boot media and then used clover.

On a side note: I have been thinking about calling it "The Wazniak" as its an "Open", user built and customized "apple" system; also, ironically its an Open-Frame. lol. The RGB that is being used, is a nod to the old apple logo (along with the Brushed aluminum frame paying homage to.the mac pro's before the trashcan)