Advice on new build

NotBryson

Hey Guys! so since black friday and cybermonday is coming up i think its about time i upgrade my PC and so i recently made a parts list :

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NotBryson/saved/bVBV6h

I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions before i go ahead and build it, the max budget is 750$ id like to keep it between 600-700 tho so yeah thanks for any help!

try to get a 3600. thats about $80 more and a b450 board that is ryzen 3000 ready.(based on the msi site, its 3rd gen readyhttps://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450M-GAMING-PLUS) also find a 3200mhz ram, i think theyre quite cheap now.

can you look for a different case too? something that doesnt look like it will trap all the air in.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

rosewill capstone instead of the CX550M and get a 3000mhz kit.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

What you have there seems good. I'd just switch the gpu to a better model. Sapphire pulse is around the same price. Then bump the ram up to 3000mhz

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Just now, Slottr said:

What you have there seems good. I'd just switch the gpu to a better model. Sapphire pulse is around the same price. Then bump the ram up to 3000mhz

i bumped the ram up, and the sapphire pulse is a little cheaper but has 

1257 MHz core clock while the one in there rn is 1366 MHz core clock

Just now, Herman Mcpootis said:

rosewill capstone instead of the CX550M and get a 3000mhz kit.

thats a way better power supply thanks! and I also got better ram

Just now, Martin2132 said:

try to get a 3600. thats about $80 more and a b450 board that is ryzen 3000 ready.(based on the msi site, its 3rd gen readyhttps://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B450M-GAMING-PLUS) also find a 3200mhz ram, i think theyre quite cheap now.

can you look for a different case too? something that doesnt look like it will trap all the air in.

should i just go for the ryzen 5 3600? or a different one? and yeah i got a 3000mhz ram i dont think ill spring for 3200 rn unless you happen to find a really good deal and yeah im currently working on finding a better case, any suggestions?

Just now, amdorintel said:

do you want to overclock?

i dont really know how to but i mean i wouldnt be opposed to overclocking in the future

i would just go with a 2600 cpu and a 3600 speed ram and a msi mobo

then spend extra on 2x8gb and storage

31 minutes ago, NotBryson said:

should i just go for the ryzen 5 3600? or a different one? and yeah i got a 3000mhz ram i dont think ill spring for 3200 rn unless you happen to find a really good deal and yeah im currently working on finding a better case, any suggestions?

Some tweaks I'd make. Move up to a 512 Gb NVMe primary OS drive and some Micron-E die memory. (This can be OC'd normally to 3600+ without issue.) I'd move to a Zen2 part at some point in maybe 18 months, after they get cheap. There's a LOT of value in the cheap 2600s right now.

Just now, amdorintel said:

i would just go with a 2600 cpu and a 3600 speed ram and a msi mobo

then spend extra on 2x8gb and storage

i have the msi mobo and the ram and i dont really need more storage, is 3600 speed ram neccesary? its just 10 extra dollars but would i need it for streaming/gaming?

Just now, Taf the Ghost said:

Some tweaks I'd make. Move up to a 512 Gb NVMe primary OS drive and some Micron-E die memory. (This can be OC'd normally to 3600+ without issue.) I'd move to a Zen2 part at some point in maybe 18 months, after they get cheap. There's a LOT of value in the cheap 2600s right now.

nice call on the SSD and for the GPU change the saphire radeon has a lower core clock than the one in the original build, is it better in some other way?

Just now, NotBryson said:

nice call on the SSD and for the GPU change the saphire radeon has a lower core clock than the one in the original build, is it better in some other way?

Cheaper, likely better cooler and you can OC the parts anyway, so it doesn't really matter much. Polaris is more about memory OC (which you can do manually) than clock OC (which you can also do manually).

The NVMe SSD and memory let's you drop in a 3rd or 4th gen part later (with BIOS update) and you should be able to get 3200/3600 without too much issue. 3000 is all that's needed for Zen+, but the memory will OC quite well. (E-die is behind only B-dies for OC ability.) I highly recommend hand-tuning your memory in general. You'll get more out of it than spending more money, until you spend a lot more money.

The NVMe SSD and memory let's you drop in a 3rd or 4th gen part later (with BIOS update) and you should be able to get 3200/3600 without too much issue. 3000 is all that's needed for Zen+, but the memory will OC quite well. (E-die is behind only B-dies for OC ability.) I highly recommend hand-tuning your memory in general. You'll get more out of it than spending more money, until you spend a lot more money.

• ahh i see the point in that heres the revised build, is that case good? should i go for faster RAM,and do i need a CPU cooler? 

1 minute ago, NotBryson said:
  • ahh i see the point in that heres the revised build, is that case good? should i go for faster RAM,and do i need a CPU cooler?

You might want to spend 10-15USD more on a case. 50USD is normally all most really need to spend on a case.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/Wnw7YJ/cougar-mx340-atx-mid-tower-case-mx340 Might work. Something like that, though I'm not a fan of tempered glass or acrylic on budget builds. You just need to look through the pictures and take a judge on what you want to deal with. Every case always has a compromise.

5 minutes ago, NotBryson said:

You can grab the 3200 kit, it's not much more. And with a 2600, the included cooler is fine. If you find you don't like it, you can always change it later.

1 minute ago, NotBryson said:

also @Taf the Ghost do you know a good OC guide for when i actually build this PC im not very familiar with overclocking

Switched the memory. They're trying to sell off the Micron E-die lately.

Ryzen Memory OC Guide. Mostly just what you need to search. There's a number of video or text tutorial. You'll end up wanting a copy of the https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ryzen-dram-calculator/ from 1usmus. 

Switched the memory. They're trying to sell off the Micron E-die lately.

Ryzen Memory OC Guide. Mostly just what you need to search. There's a number of video or text tutorial. You'll end up wanting a copy of the https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ryzen-dram-calculator/ from 1usmus. 

alright man https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NotBryson/saved/bVBV6h put in a different case switched to basically everything else your build had  and it loos pretty good to me ill order the stuff around black friday most likely in case anything goes on sale and ill throw it together hopefully figure out overclocking and then chill in style. i appreciate the help man. I think thats all the changes and advice right? oh and one last question, do you think this will be able to handle streaming games? 

3 minutes ago, NotBryson said:

alright man https://pcpartpicker.com/user/NotBryson/saved/bVBV6h put in a different case switched to basically everything else your build had  and it loos pretty good to me ill order the stuff around black friday most likely in case anything goes on sale and ill throw it together hopefully figure out overclocking and then chill in style. i appreciate the help man. I think thats all the changes and advice right? oh and one last question, do you think this will be able to handle streaming games? 

On the SSDs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B27_j9NDPU3cNlj2HKcrfpJKHkOf-Oi1DbuuQva2gT4/edit#gid=0&fvid=1631664562 Anything off that at 500 Gb that goes on sale on Black Friday is all you're after. I just grabbed one that was on sale.

It'll do okay if you ask it for 720p/30fps. I have no experience with using ReLive, so you'd need to look up some guides on using it.

On the SSDs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B27_j9NDPU3cNlj2HKcrfpJKHkOf-Oi1DbuuQva2gT4/edit#gid=0&fvid=1631664562 Anything off that at 500 Gb that goes on sale on Black Friday is all you're after. I just grabbed one that was on sale.

It'll do okay if you ask it for 720p/30fps. I have no experience with using ReLive, so you'd need to look up some guides on using it.

hmm if i wanted 1080p 60 fps game streaming what would i primarily need to upgrade? also whats ReLive when i look it up all i get is definitions for relive lol

2 minutes ago, NotBryson said:

hmm if i wanted 1080p 60 fps game streaming what would i primarily need to upgrade? also whats ReLive when i look it up all i get is definitions for relive lol

Try "Radeon ReLive", and you'll need to look up streaming guides. It's not my thing, so I don't have that much knowledge on the details. Also, do you have the Upload to handle 1080p/60 anyway?

Try "Radeon ReLive", and you'll need to look up streaming guides. It's not my thing, so I don't have that much knowledge on the details. Also, do you have the Upload to handle 1080p/60 anyway?

oh i found it, i didnt even know radeon came with a streaming software but thats cool i use streamlabs atm and yessir my upload speed is like 10.7 mbps which is suitable for 1080p im pretty sure