Best Old CPU For RX 580

Go to solution Solved by Paul Rudd,
55 minutes ago, StarboyXO said:

But stability is mandatory and i don't like sluttering or frame losses..

Then you'll need a minimum of 12GB of RAM in your PC. Best to go 16GB.

Will it go less than 50?

In higher demanding areas, like the city and when tons of things are happening on screen, sure, it'll drop below 50.

I wont put anything high Medium works for me

You can put some things on Ultra, provided you do the research to determine that they don't hit fps and CPU usage. Bump down settings that affect performance and crank up those that don't and you'll be fine.

Hey there !

I'm having major bottleneck issues with my current setup.

Now I had a gtx 1060 3gb paired with the i5 2400, Now I replaced it with RX 580 and my CPU is now bottlenecking the GPU alot !

I have two options for the cpu due to my budget 

. i7 2600 

.  Xeon E3 1240 v2

Both are 3rd gen processors

But I'm more interested in buying the xeon out of the two!

What do you guys think? Can recommend a better option?

Also one more thing! 

I'm aiming to play rdr2 with it

I'll wait for your replies

Sorry for bad grammer*

38 minutes ago, StarboyXO said:

What do you guys think? Can recommend a better option?

For starters, you're gonna need to add 1 stick of 8GB RAM. Secondly, what is the model of your motherboard? I really don't think the CPU upgrade path for it is going to make much of a difference(I could be wrong). Sure the i7 2600 will have more threads and 0.3 more GHz than that i5 2400, but in RDR2, that might not matter much. In some games, sure, I would guess you'd improve your fps by say, 1-20 fps(depends on the game), just not RDR2.

I'd guess with the i7 2600/RX 580 8GB combo, you'll get around 50-60 fps in 1080p on medium to high settings and you can probably push more fps by customizing the settings that kill fps. If that's ideal to you for RDR2(it is to me if I really wanted to just play the game), then go for the i7 2600. But like I said, adding 1 stick of 8GB RAM is necessary. And I'd also recommend a BIOS update for added stability.

27 minutes ago, Intransigent said:

For starters, you're gonna need to add 1 stick of 8GB RAM. Secondly, what is the model of your motherboard? I really don't think the CPU upgrade path for it is going to make much of a difference(I could be wrong). Sure the i7 2600 will have more threads and 0.3 more GHz than that i5 2400, but in RDR2, that might not matter much. In some games, sure, I would guess you'd improve your fps by say, 1-20 fps(depends on the game), just not RDR2.

I'd guess with the i7 2600/RX 580 8GB combo, you'll get around 50-60 fps in 1080p on medium to high settings and you can probably push more fps by customizing the settings that kill fps. If that's ideal to you for RDR2(it is to me if I really wanted to just play the game), then go for the i7 2600. But like I said, adding 1 stick of 8GB RAM is necessary. And I'd also recommend a BIOS update for added stability.

Yes i have two sticks of 4gb which equals to 8, And I'm planning to pick the xeon i mentioned !

It's same as the i7 2600 so yeah it doesn't matter

But I'm getting it for less than the i7

For the xeon I'll have to pay $30 more

And for the i7 .. $40

Which is why i choose xeon..

This is also out of my budget right now but I'll manage later this week..

And yes 50 to 60 fps is okay for me

Will it go less than 50?

I wont put anything high

Medium works for me

48 minutes ago, Slottr said:

What's the budget?

I5 2400 exchange + $20 to 30 

Then you'll need a minimum of 12GB of RAM in your PC. Best to go 16GB.

Will it go less than 50?

In higher demanding areas, like the city and when tons of things are happening on screen, sure, it'll drop below 50.

I wont put anything high Medium works for me

You can put some things on Ultra, provided you do the research to determine that they don't hit fps and CPU usage. Bump down settings that affect performance and crank up those that don't and you'll be fine.