gtx 1660 ti or super?

HardStroke

i have the i5 3550 3.7ghz which will be a bottle neck to any other gpu

SO,

what should i take? 1660 super or ti?

i play gta v on FullHD(1920x1080), csgo on 1280x1024 and minecraft from time to time also on FullHD

i'll probably buy the gaming oc option and both of them have it

sooo which one should i buy?

thanks.

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

13 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

Just 1080p 60hz?

What's your current GPU?

And what budget/country?

More than likely you can just get a used RX 480/580 8GB + Display upgrade, and still run games fine at 1080p.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

7 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

SO,

what should i take? 1660 super or ti?

i play gta v on FullHD(1920x1080), csgo on 1280x1024 and minecraft from time to time also on FullHD

i'll probably buy the gaming oc option and both of them have it

sooo which one should i buy?

thanks.

The super gives you more performance per dollar, even LTT explained this in their most recent video.

1 minute ago, Fjell said:

The super gives you more performance per dollar

Yeah, I came to say this as well; there have now been a good bunch of videos from several sources and in general the Super has the best bang-for-buck. It's definitely what I'd go for, if I was buying a 1660.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

It depends on the price difference. If it happens to be only 20 USD, I'd say go for the Ti - it's at 1080p on average 5% more powerful. If it's 40, don't, the value of the Super would be superior.

2 hours ago, Streetguru said:

Just 1080p 60hz?

What's your current GPU?

And what budget/country?

More than likely you can just get a used RX 480/580 8GB + Display upgrade, and still run games fine at 1080p.

yeah 1080x1920 60hz i'm not planning on getting a higher hz display for now maybe if i'll buy a new pc, i'll transfer the gpu that i will buy

i have a 650 leadtek winfast 2GB - which means that now i'm gpu bound so i have to get a new one

i'm from israel but the shipping is now free that's why i want to order it from amazon and save 102 dollars instead of buying it here in a local shop

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

There’s a recent LTT video specifically on this one.  The verdict seemed to be “whichever is cheaper” more or less, with a few exceptions for a few specific pieces of software where the Ti had an edge.  For a lot of stuff they were as close to identical as made no real difference

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 hours ago, HardStroke said:

yeah 1080x1920 60hz i'm not planning on getting a higher hz display for now maybe if i'll buy a new pc, i'll transfer the gpu that i will buy

i have a 650 leadtek winfast 2GB - which means that now i'm gpu bound so i have to get a new one

i'm from israel but the shipping is now free that's why i want to order it from amazon and save 102 dollars instead of buying it here in a local shop

I don't suppose the US ebay has cheap shipping to Isreal?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

On 11/11/2019 at 10:38 PM, Streetguru said:

I don't suppose the US ebay has cheap shipping to Isreal?

No, but amazon has now free shipping

9 hours ago, HardStroke said:

No, but amazon has now free shipping

Well an RX 570 8GB will still be fine for 1080p high settings if you're only gaming at 60hz for now. It has like 70% of the 1660ti's performance at $140

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077VX31FZ?tag=pcpapi-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

Spoiler